James D.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's been a pretty good day or so.

My profs (husband and wife team, yay!) were happy to provide me with a book list for their classes this fall (only four books!), and the one encouraged me to bounce ideas for the research question I'll be developing in the class not only liked the ideas, but suggested that I meet with his wife, who is my advisor, to hammer things out early in the term. Also, may hopefully be getting a job in the Anth department this year. *fingers crossed*

The coworker who left us high and dry on Sunday is apparently going to be talked to, thank god.

Sent Disney a question about royalties for showing two Miyazaki movies at school this year, got a prompt response directing me towards who I need to talk to, and will hopefully hear back from that person soon.

Also, found the BSG Season 4 soundtrack, which is probably the best work Bear McCreary's done on the show. And is amazing.

Have most of my stuff for my study abroad next fall and the honors project I'll be pursuing planned out at this point (this is what happens when you have nothing to do at a job with eight to ten hour shifts), now I just have to meet with my advisor and all the other people in various departments when school starts up again. Is it September 13th yet?

Additionally, I may be able to get a job with the school's anthropology department; I just have to go over there before school starts and talk to him about it. This should be doable, as I'm hoping to get out there sometime in the third week of August. Need to talk to my friend about that.

Also I get paid tomorrow, and it'll be the first paycheck this whole summer that does not have to go to something else. Taking the girls to HP6 tomorrow, and looking at some new clothes, which I kind of need.

And if Dad fills out the loan application soon and the changed financial circumstances form, we might not have to worry about getting in money by August 15th, much less for the rest of the year, if he applies for the whole balance..

Life's finally working out. It feels nice.

I got my XBOX back, and a month of live free!

DC20 was right.

No prob. The best part is every time it bitches out on you, you get another free month of Live so, even though it's annoying hardware failure that shouldn't fucking happen, enough times and you end up like one of my roomies who has an extra half year of Live buffered up.

No prob. The best part is every time it bitches out on you, you get another free month of Live so, even though it's annoying hardware failure that shouldn't fucking happen, enough times and you end up like one of my roomies who has an extra half year of Live buffered up.

Yeah, it is nice getting live, which I cancelled, cause I don't play online and can't remember last time I did, but it is shit that my machine breaks once a year, now when I tell people my XBOX broke, the usual response is "Again!?"

Anyway, I just sold the last of my Punisher books!

It's good cause two days ago someone tried to low ball me with offers which wouldn't have paid the excess postage for one as it's a hardcover.

I scored a great lot of coverless Batman comics off eBay. Of the ten comics in the auction, four of them were complete:

Batman #135

Batman #156

Detective Comics #283

Detective Comics #284

The auction also mentioned four issues of Batman and two issues of Detective Comics that were missing the first and last couple of pages, but no specific issue numbers. The lot arrived today and the unnamed issues proved to be better than the named ones:

Batman #103 (First Silver Age Batman issue)

Batman #114 (Featuring The Bat-Ape)

Batman #124

Batman #126

Detective Comics #231

Detective Comics #251

The missing pages make the stories in the Detective issues incomplete, but the Batman issues still have two out of three stories complete, which is good enough for me. Well worth the $10 I won it for.

I noticed a really stupid math error on the part of the Campus Life office while going over Anime Club's budget sheets trying to figure out where the $120 debt came from that, if I'm correct, gives us an extra hundred dollars to put towards the money we owe for vans, and, in turn, reduces our actual debt to only twenty bucks, which is not that bad.