The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

I've finished "moving". Keeping most of my stuff in storage right now on the cheap. Staying with a relative. Not the best part of town, but there's dial up and a roof over my head.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The curtains are much better than the old blankets I used to have hanging up, though they're a little more sheer than I'd like. But thankfully they're long enough that I can fold them up, doubling the thickness.

Actually, I've gained a few pounds recently, but I'm still well below where I was two years ago. That said, I'm very far from my goal. To help me along, I've been taking walks lately. In fact, yesterday I walked between four and five miles.

Niki bought me a sugar dispenser!

sugar.jpg

And this came in my most recent DCBS shipment:

kaylee.jpg

Note which has me more excited.

Ah, the simple things.

EDIT: Acording to Wells Fargo, I am 9% done with my goal of a macbook. :). If anybody wants to donate to a (not so) starving San Diego boy, PM me and I will send you a link ;)

After having been abroad since January, Lucy finally leaves Peru tommorrow, returning to the less than sunny climes of Wisconsin on the 11th. For the first time in months, my girlfriend will be in the country for more than a week at a time. Thank. God.

The 20k Federal Direct PLUS Loan that my parents applied for went through. I now only have to pay $500ish a trimester to the university.

I don't have to worry about money anymore, or at least not to the level I have been. I can pay off what's owed for fall with the paycheck coming this week. I can finally get stuff I've been wanting to get for some time.

*collapses in relief*

For the first time ever, I have a laptop of my very own! It's soo shiny...

However, I have to refrain from decorating it with stickers, because I know that in about two weeks I'm going to regret it. Also, in that registration step where they ask you what the computer's name is, I couldn't come up with a totally kick-ass name (like "Ava's kick-ass PC"), because in a month it probably won't be as cool as I think it would be right now.

But yeah. New laptops are really exciting. Especially when you come home to them after three hours of soccer.

However, I have to refrain from decorating it with stickers, because I know that in about two weeks I'm going to regret it. Also, in that registration step where they ask you what the computer's name is, I couldn't come up with a totally kick-ass name (like "Ava's kick-ass PC"), because in a month it probably won't be as cool as I think it would be right now.

My user name on my laptop is Lord Darkseid, with Darkseid's head from the cover to Final Crisis #4 as the user image. Yes, I am that much of a geek.

My user name on my laptop is Lord Darkseid, with Darkseid's head from the cover to Final Crisis #4 as the user image. Yes, I am that much of a geek.

That is so cool! Dammit, now I want it to be named Batcomputer. But it's too late... D=

I will, however, have an awesome user image as soon as I find one. It will probably be Batman or someone equally awesome. And I have a Justice League background. That is some comfort to me, I suppose.

My hot water tank problems are almost over. Guy shows up a few minutes ago with not the $200 part they said they would, but an entirely new $1000 hot water tank that their boss got for free under warranty!!!

I can finally have a shower this afternoon! And wash the dishes...and do some laubdry. Fuck it stinks around here...

Just got back from Noah's Ark (awesome waterpark in WI Dells for those who've never been in this part of the country), and am now tired and slightly wet. And the awesome thing was that it was mid-70s and a bit cloudy later in the afternoon, and because of this, there were almost no lines, which means that we got to go on several rides more than once with almost no wait time.