The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

Just got back from Noah's Ark (awesome waterpark in WI Dells for those who've never been in this part of the country), and am now tired and slightly wet. And the awesome thing was that it was mid-70s and a bit cloudy later in the afternoon, and because of this, there were almost no lines, which means that we got to go on several rides more than once with almost no wait time.

Oh yeah! I've been there. Nice place.

There's a fantasy-themed store just north of there with an animatronic dragon. It's pretty awesome.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm back in civilization, also known as Ripon, for my fifth undergrad year. (Oops.)

Yeah, all together, I'm at about year six. Mind you I went half time for years four and five because that's what I could afford.

I did mine in 5 1/2 years. But I was doing secret work for the government at the time.

Well, next week, I would be on year, wait let me work this out:

Two years trying to be an actor.

One year trying to do media.

One year trying to be a journalist.

Now back to media.

So I'm on year five, what do I have to show for it, a penny, knowledge that I prefer writing and directing to acting, if you don't write it yourself, no one else will and don't buy ice cream from the boot of a car.

After waiting in line for more than an hour, I got my school schedule fixed! Now I have all the classes I want (well, almost), and I don't have to be in two classes at the same time, as my previous schedule wanted me to. Obviously the administration didn't realize that I wasn't Hermione Granger, and therefore did not have a Time-Turner to enable me to take two classes at once.

Yay for watching movies first period 2nd semester! Yes, that's actually my class. =D

God, I can't wait for Thursday. Going up to Appleton, which means:

-Getting all the comics I've had set aside for me over the summer (<3 Powerhouse)

-Hopefully, the prof in charge of the anth department being in so that I can talk to him about a job with the department during the year

-Maybe being able to get into my room, see what it looks like, and maybe rearrange furninture within

-Seeing people I haven't seen for the whole summer

-Seeing my dad for dinner, as I've not been able to see him for most of the last few weeks (major trial)

I go to college up there (Lawrence). So, I'm there nine months out of the year.

Nice.

I have family up there. They actually have a house right on the edge of the bay, and two jetskis that they let me use anytime I want. :D

(they also have a snowmobile that they drive over the ice when the bay freezes over, but I don't really trust that thing. o_o)

Only four days of work left before my two weeks off (longest vacation in 6 years) and then the start of student life. I am so looking forward to this! Got my Compulsory Basic Training for my moped today that will make it a permanent addition to my standard licence. Then I'll have trans for when the company takes my van.

Its just so cool, last time I was ramping up for uni I was filled with a deep abiding dread that translated into an alcoholic haze of educational paralysis and eventual rejection. This time I'm older, supposedly wiser and most importantly eager to get into it! Only downside is that I'll be 29 by the time I'm done, with only one cycle left until carrousel. On the upside I'll be on the family photo wall of qualifications in my mum's house, where my mother, brother, stepfather and three stepsisters all comfortably reside.

I just got so excited. Greg Berger, who was the voice of Grimlock in the Generation 1 Transformers cartoon, is going to be at Mid-Ohio Con this year. Yeah!

In other news, trying to decide what cons to go to next year and debating between Wizard World Chicago or the new Con they're trying to get going in Chicago.

Only four days of work left before my two weeks off (longest vacation in 6 years) and then the start of student life. I am so looking forward to this! Got my Compulsory Basic Training for my moped today that will make it a permanent addition to my standard licence. Then I'll have trans for when the company takes my van.

Its just so cool, last time I was ramping up for uni I was filled with a deep abiding dread that translated into an alcoholic haze of educational paralysis and eventual rejection. This time I'm older, supposedly wiser and most importantly eager to get into it! Only downside is that I'll be 29 by the time I'm done

Swap 29 for 26, and I'm in pretty much the exact same position. Minus the moped/van part.

The only problem now is that the funding/accomodation/registration is all sorted in theory, but I have to dot the i's and cross the t's this week before I do go on holiday. It will be coming and I shall be sorted as the financing's been confirmed, but everything's done fo you as an undergrauate whereas postgrads have to jump a number of hurdles in a relatively short timespan. Not fun.

That said, 4 days of work and then the final part of my UK travels before I move up to the land of Geordies!! Get in!!