• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest DCAUFan1051

The Good News:

I've cleared all my current debt and have a plan for the finances in the future.

The Bad News:

Like Mike my PC can't take the workload I've put upon it and even though it hasn't died yet it's getting there... even with the TB External Drive I have for back up it's still not enough. Ahh well... at least I'm out of the red.

My school library has the first 3 volumes of Ultimate Spider-Man! Hooray for my first exposure to Marvel!

Nice!

That was my first Marvel comic as well. The 2nd and 4th story arcs are two of my favorite comic stories of all time. (they're volumes 2 and 4 in paperback, and the second halfs of hardcover volumes 1 and 2)

After that the stories get less fun, but w/e.

My favorite part was when Aunt May tried to give Peter the sex talk. That was just awesome.

Oh yes. I actually ended up reading that issue before I read any of the other USM issues/trades, and it hooked me forever.

My absolute favorite moment, though, has to be either the Spider-Man vs Kingpin fight (just for the amazing dialogue) or the second Spidey vs Goblin fight (for the sheer awesomeness of it).

The first Dock Ock arc has some great dialogue, too ("Hey, is that Charlton Heston?").

My favorite part was when Aunt May tried to give Peter the sex talk. That was just awesome.

You know if you haven't read the issue that sentence is easy to misunderstand. Eww.

USM is an awesome book though. For a fresh faced wannabe Marvel fan that would be my very first recommendation. Hope you enjoy!

You know if you haven't read the issue that sentence is easy to misunderstand. Eww.

Yip, that would be me.

I have the image from Monty Python-And now for something completely different where Cleese as the sex ed teacher has sex with his wife in front of the class.

After over a year of bitterness, jealousy and ill will, I've finally buried the hatchet with Randy.

For those that don't know the story, to give the condensed version, Randy started going out with a mutual friend of ours (Steph) whom I'd been harbouring feelings for, the way their relationship started out left me with negative feelings toward it, to the point that I slowly cut off contact with them. Steph and I still chatted regularly, but nowhere near as much as before, and my contact with Randy decreased to almost nothing.

Things stayed this way for about 10 months.

The last few days though have been almost a breakthrough. On Wednesday I had to head over to Steph and Randy's place (they recently moved in together) so Steph could help me pay for an eBay pruchase (I have no Credit Card). My roommate James and I went there and between paying for the eBay we ended up shooting the shit and watching Glee (which Randy loves way too much). Yesterday for very much the same reason I headed over there and again, we got to talking, we watched some more TV, went out for a little food, hung out like old times, and I invited them to a comedy roast for a local radio DJ tonight.

From the second Randy and Steph picked me up it was like old times, we talked about our favorite things, we BS'd about our friends, and anime, and the new TV season and such. We openly talked about the negative feelings that were going around with us and it really felt that from all sides we had come to an understanding and are ready to move on.

Where once there is bitterness, there is joy. I got 2 of my best friends back.

(Now start posting again you guys)

(Now start posting again you guys)

Does it really count as posting "again" if I've never posted on the forum before, Kellen? :P

I guess my first post here shouldn't really be de-railing a current thread though. So my good news for today is the warm and fuzzy feeling I got when reading Kellen's post. Cause I too, got one of my best friends back :)

Today I failed a math quiz for the first time ever! I know that sounds weird, but seeing as I've never failed one before, I consider this an achievement in a kind of bizarre and possibly nonsensical way. And at least I didn't get an E or an F. Or a G, H, or I. (Okay, nobody got anything lower than an F in our class, but some people did get E's. Probably so that there would be less F's. There were a lot of them.)

On another "weird first times for Ava" note, I was called a bitch on the soccer field for the first time this weekend. It was very exciting.

some people did get E's.

What's an "E"? :/

Never heard of those before.

Yeah, being called a derogatory vulgar term for the first time is pretty awesome. As long as you're not actually doing something bitch/bastard-esque, you know that if you've pissed off someone enough to get them to yell at you like that, you're doing something right. It's like the whole comic book "Curse you, <superhero name>!!!"

Congrats! :)

some people did get E's.

What's an "E"? :/

Never heard of those before.

Yeah, being called a derogatory vulgar term for the first time is pretty awesome. As long as you're not actually doing something bitch/bastard-esque, you know that if you've pissed off someone enough to get them to yell at you like that, you're doing something right. It's like the whole comic book "Curse you, <superhero name>!!!"

Congrats! :)

I think she made up the whole "E" thing to make it seem like less people got F's. I think about 7 people got F's, but 10 got E's. That's nearly half the class. 17 F's is just too much, I guess...? I dunno.

Yeah, being called a bitch was very exciting. I took the ball in the box from this girl who was trying to score, and when I got the ball she fell over. It's not like I pushed her or anything and it was TOTALLY legal (and it actually was, I'm not just saying that), and she was like, "BITCH!"

And I was pleased.

Okay, so last week, I won a contest that The ForceCast (the most popular Star Wars podcast on the 'net) was running. My prize was an autographed DVD copy of Fanboys, a road trip-style film about Star Wars nerds. It's not my favorite movie, but its financial success (despite not having a full theater release) really did some great work at proving to film studios that there still is an audience for media aimed at Star Wars fandom.

I got it in the mail today, and noticed that the return address was the film's director, Kyle Newman!

photo4-1.jpg

So I was geeking out, realizing that Kyle Newman had actually written my name by hand.

Next, I opened the box, seeing the cover signed in silvery marker ink.

photo3-1.jpg

I took a closer look, and noticed that there was a second signature on the box. I had completely forgotten that Kyle's wife is Jaime King, Clone Wars voice actress and model.

Not Safe For Work
Jaime-King-Maxim-Picture.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

The signature reads "With love, Jaime King."

AWESOME. :D