The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm back from my week's holiday!! Apart from the utter disappointment of meeting Stavros, everything went swimmingly and now I have 93 museums/visitor attractions under my belt in preparation for university. Now all I have to do is tie up my facebook photos/tour group/planned video and pack everything I own ready for my move upto Newcastle on Thursday.

Yesterday I talked with my brother on Skype for like an hour. He just moved in to his new apartment and it's SO COOL. It has two stories. And the microwave looks like it's floating. Also, there's a sink (actually two sinks), and then there's a room for the toilet, and THEN there's ANOTHER room for the shower. There are going to be 3 people using that bathroom. They can all use different parts of the bathroom at the same time!

(I don't know why I'm so excited about this. It's been a long day.)

The one thing that will go smoothly for this move is internet. I will have a new modem for a 1.5mbps connection in the next couple days that I will just be able to take with me.

I currently have a connection that is up to 6Mbps but it fluctuates in quality. I will always have 1.5 now until they upgrade the service in the next year.

We have cancelled our cable too.

All in all, no cable, new phone plan, new internet and we're saving at least 60 bucks a month.