The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

So, I just got a bunch of perfume (two 5ml bottles, and then about five 1ml imps) that I ordered in the main today, which is reason enough to be happy (even if one of the bottles I ordered didn't quite work out. Ah well.)

But, then, I'm over by the ATM, and I notice that someone has left one ten. I get closer, to see if there's a receipt at all, but there's not, and, in fact, there are two tens. I take it over to the info desk, ask if there's any way they would know who had used it last, and, in fact, they don't, thank me for being a good human being, and tell me it's pretty much mine. :D

Oh, and I got a coupon for half off pizza for a dorm I don't even live in.

This is the day of windfalls.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

YES.

My iPod just sold for $110 on Amazon. And I'll have a large paycheck in my account by the time I wake up tomorrow. This? Leads to being able to buy the new 160 gig iPod (which I will realistically not fill for at least a few years) with Amazon discounts.

Now, let's just hope that enough bubble wrap will pad its journey to Texas.

I have the internet again! Rejoice!

That said, I now have no excuse of avoiding either my CR or FYEO duties that sit atop of my degree, job-hunting or museum write-ups. Still, lovely to be back online!

Don't forget the Worlds Finest highlight package for Static Shock and Zeta- Back to work editing monkey!

So I spent the first two years of my college career at a community college. That way, I could get my basic core classes out of the way and then transfer to a university for my higher-level courses.

Of course, being a community college, their "basic core" is all you need to get an Associate of Arts degree from them. So get this in the mail today:

10535_175534737387_689072387_380030.jpg

I now have a college degree.

Awesome. :D

That was the most fun I've ever had at a concert. I was five feet from the band all night and got a ton of awesome pictures, plus a couple guitar picks (one from Kirk and one from Robert). I also got the water bottle that the lead guitarist of Lamb of God was drinking from. It was a center-stage setup, so they had microphones set up all around the square stage, and Lars' drum set was tilted around every few songs. The guys would go all around the stage the whole show. They didn't play anything from Load or Re-Load (which is weird because "Fuel" is one of their staple concert songs), but they played over half the Death Magnetic album, a few from Kill 'em All (second encore was "Seek and Destroy"), "Ride the Lightning", several from Master of Puppets and ...And Justice for All, and a couple from the Black Album.

My throat and neck are still hurting, and one of my favorite shirts was ripped by mosh pit douchebags, but it was well worth it. Fucking awesome show.

Edited by James D.

Nice! Half of DM? Whoa! Sounds like they're ripping it up. They also really like to play King Nothing too. Weird.

Lamb of God opened too? Sweet.

Metallica is the one heavy metal concert you can count on the band having to compete with the voices in the crowd. It'll probably take a day or two to recover vocally, my friend.

He's pushing fifty, you know.

I think it's just that compared to the other guys, he looks much, much older. I mean, Lars and Kirk are only a year (or less) younger, and Robert is only 2 years younger, than Hetfield. They all look a lot better than him.

Hetfield is the reason they used to be called Alcoholica. I still thinks he looks good for forty seven.