The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

Either Christmas came early or I'm celebrating Hanukkah, 'cause today was Let's Give Mike Stuff Day. Niki gave me a few cookies

What kind of cookies?

Earth-2.net donated $50 to the site,

Use the money for an E-hooker.

Anyway, I have just one day, and I'm off for christmas break!

The best thing is, I handed in two of my articles today, and now think I'm up to date work wise.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What kind of cookies?

chocolate chunk.

Earth-2.net donated $50 to the site,

Use the money for an E-hooker.

I was thinking about an analog hooker, but we'll see.

I want a cookie!

All I have is this toblerone...

Aslong as you don't go for a dial up hooker....they are nasty and they don't scrub up well.

Daffy%2001.jpg

Just went to pay the bills and the mortgage only needs to be half paid this month because we moved halfway through last month! Perfect timing! Add that to the fact that I will not be paying internet or phone bills for three months and I might be back on track. :yes:

Edit: Congrats Ava.

Finished my essays for the year, and tonight I get to see Avatar a little early as a reward. I might even go down the comic shop this afternoon and treat myself to something.

Edit: just got some results back, and I was absolutely justified in treating myself to Assassin's Creed II and a bunch of cheap dvd's in Borders. Got a 2-1 in my research skills exercise, and a 1st in my first big essay. That's right, I'm a motherfucking academic genius bitches! :D

Earlier, I was ordering lunch at the Subway counter when a random strange turned to me and said, "Are you a voice actor?"

I smiled: "No. Why?"

"You have a great voice for it or radio," he said.

For a moment I thought about telling him about this site and the podcasts, but I froze and simply thanked him. It's been ages since someone complimented me on my voice. It's something I used to get a lot in high school / early college, and very seriously considered looking at a job in radio because of it.

Recently I've thought about taking voice acting lessons, but, honestly, I don't have the money. Nor could I get a loan / financial aide.

I've been told I should read books on tape myself. But yeah, experiment Mike, maybe do an episode of Earth-2 as a radio play or something, I'm sure you would be able to get people willing to help out. If you like it, buy a book here or there on the subject, attend the occasional open casting call for voices.

I am on 6 weeks of paid vacation (basically), because my daughter was finally born. This was a long long long nine months, but in it, I found the time to completely get my life together and deal with a lot of things that were troubling me as a person. Thank God. Not to mention, I'm almost married, and renewed my faith as well.

Finally found a meaningful existence in this world...and it feels good. It's something else to be a father, just in case you're wondering. It's a weird, good fear and paranoia if that makes any sense at all.

I am on 6 weeks of paid vacation (basically), because my daughter was finally born. This was a long long long nine months, but in it, I found the time to completely get my life together and deal with a lot of things that were troubling me as a person. Thank God. Not to mention, I'm almost married, and renewed my faith as well.

Finally found a meaningful existence in this world...and it feels good. It's something else to be a father, just in case you're wondering. It's a weird, good fear and paranoia if that makes any sense at all.

Congrats!

Fantastic news, all of it. Congratulations!!!