The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saw Alice in Chains last night for the second time since they reformed. I stood outside in like 20-degree weather for 2 hours prior to going inside and I'm pretty sure my feet were mere minutes away from frostbite because they were in intense pain. But the show was fucking awesome. They played songs from every album and both their EP's. (My only nitpick was they played 7 songs from BGWTB and not one of them was "A Looking in View".) These guys still know how to rock the fuck out of a venue.

Yeah, the line up would have been pretty solid even without them, but those were the two I really wanted to see. I think it's been a while since Clutch toured down here. I'm half tempted to watch them play their gig tomorrow night.

I wasn't sure if you had seen FNM live or not. You would have been a teenager when they split up, right?

About a week ago some water got into my basement apartment, so I've had to deal with people constantly being in and out with wet vacs, dehumidifiers, carpet cleaners, etc. as they try to clean up the water and smell. Well, today I just found out that I can knock off 25% my rent for next month due to the hassle. :yes:

I have seen Faith No More play live. I didn't think I'd be able to say that a few years ago. Clutch put on a fantastic show too.

The review I read said that they are as tight as ever as well, which was a surprise considering what they wore on stage. A bit pissed I didn't see them now, bastard :)

Yeah, the line up would have been pretty solid even without them, but those were the two I really wanted to see. I think it's been a while since Clutch toured down here. I'm half tempted to watch them play their gig tomorrow night.

I wasn't sure if you had seen FNM live or not. You would have been a teenager when they split up, right?

Goddamn. What a lineup. Fuck I hate Western Canada sometimes.

I was introduced to FNM when I was twelve. I went to see a GNR concert and GNR never showed. Thank god the other two acts on the bill showed: FNM opening, Metallica closing.

Nice!

Yeah, I've been consistently amazed by the number of bands I enjoy coming down to tour here. I just wish I had enough money to see them all.

I'll be seeing Devin Townsend next month.

Cool. Devin's great. If you got the chance, I'd tell you to say "Des from Vancouver says Hi" if he definitely hasn't forgotten about me yet. I'm sure he has.

As mentioned in other threads there is a real possability that I will be failed for my Independent Professional Project, the biggest assignment of my course. Several classmates, who are not exactly happy with their criteria for my failure are willing to take up arms for me. Like something out of the OC they have actually made "Reinstate Kellen" posters ready to go. I love the comradery in this course.

One day, God willing, I will be famous and important and y'all can say at dinner parties, "Yeah. I know her. She's fucking nuts. We're on the same forum. She posts pictures of furries and talks about dildos. I don't get it."

And I will send you autographs, and you can sell them on eBay.

And everyone will win.