The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watching Devin Townsend live was amazing. Well, outside of all the feedback. There were audio problems for a big chunk of the show. I eventually moved farther away from the stage because my head was pounding. They played for about two hours, so it was definitely worth it. During the last song Devin actually got off the stage and played through the crowd.

Since they were flying out at 4:30 this morning, Devin said he stay back for a bit to sign stuff for the fans. I would have stayed back, but I was exhausted. Maybe next time I’ll ask if he remembers a certain Desmond from Vancouver.

I've entered a contest for writing a 67 word or less short story to win the Best of Joe R. Lansdale (I have a lot of the limited stuff but I don't like reading it too much to ruin the value). I've written four thus far. I may self-publish a chapbook of a bunch of them when all's said and done.

I've entered a contest for writing a 67 word or less short story to win the Best of Joe R. Lansdale (I have a lot of the limited stuff but I don't like reading it too much to ruin the value). I've written four thus far. I may self-publish a chapbook of a bunch of them when all's said and done.

Good luck. Micro-fiction is possibly the hardest fiction to write because you somehow have to tell an entire story in about two to four sentences. It's hard enough condensing one's thoughts down that low, let alone telling a good story. Best of luck on it.

I've been promoted! I've gone from back up night cashier at a 24-hour grocery store to back up night grocery manager.

I'm in a position of authority. Two nights a week I'll be in charge of the store. Fuck me, we're doomed.

Congrats. Remember, nothing wrong with making your employees call you Supreme Master.

I have a date tomorrow. I'm still not entirely sure how I accomplished this.

I'm sure you did something right. Give yourself more credit.

No, I mean I wasn't even trying.

One minute, I'm talking to this girl in the comic book shop, not even ten minutes later, I'm watching her leave with her number in my hand.

She was there, thinking about buying the Wonder Woman DVD. Store owner is telling her it's good, then he looks to me for support. I nod in agreement and go "yeah, it's fun". She asks a few questions, I answer them (plugged the review we did on The Show in the process) then go back to looking at the racks, thinking nothing more of it.

A minute or so later, she just walks up and starts asking me what books I read. We get to talking about comics for a bit. At no point am I hitting on her or trying to make a move. She laughs at my jokes. Eventually she makes like she needs to leave, so I just say "nice talking to you, enjoy your movie". She says something about needing someone to watch it with and before I know it, we've made a date.

Like I said, I have no clue what I did.