The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

He kinda just did. A woman randomly bit his cheek. I think that sums it up pretty well.

Yeah, I just about the background of the situation.

There are some fucking crazy people out there.

Well, seeing as this thread is getting depressing. I should just say, I got offered a conditional to a 3rd year in a film making course!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aw, come on guys, I'm not that dangerous! I promise I won't ever brandish a knife at you or bite your cheeks! (Promise void if you deserve it. xD)

I am not dangerous either, that is until you get my "Irish" up and I leave your body where no one will find it. ;)

My Digital Media tutor was impressed enough my my film project to not only use it in the course benchmarking system (take the best and worst films from each group and cross-mark with the other tutors to work out a level marking system for the rest) but she also asked us to enter it into some short film festivals.

Hells yes.

This week I have to start working on a freelance project, but because the template I've used for the last two years was corrupted, I thought I'd have to start from scratch. But I just found a perfectly working backup file. :w00t:

You do free lance web design?

Whilst I went away for the weekend primarily to visit museums, my academic/financial justification was to represent my debating scoiety. I am pretty up on current affairs and the news, and I enjoy speaking in front of people. That being said, I am not a great debater on the grounds that I cannot make analytical arguments on my feet during a 5 or 7 minute speech.

So I was bloody surprised that my partner managed to drag me to "breaking" for the final. We actually made it into a debating competition final, which is almost more important than actually winning the competition as it identifies you as being in the final four, and whilst my debating partner yesterday has broken for finals before, I managed to not be a total liability. As such, I've made better people openly envious of what we achieved and I don't mind in the slightest as debaters are often the most arrogant people within their own student bodies and denting their sense of entitlement was pretty satisfying!

In short, I've actually achieved something in a field I do simply for enjoyment, which is immensely gratifying and I can walk away from it post-uni without feeling like I got little back for the hours invested in debating. Oh, and I've taken my museum count upto 116 to boot!

Well guys, I don't do much on here, but I had to share... Two weeks ago, I asked my girlfriend of 6 months to marry me. Her name is Michele by the way. She said yes and we announced it to my parents at breakfast on St. Patrick's Day. Sadly she had to go back home to Illinois, but next December we'll get married. A little dig at Mike though, she's a sexy (to me anyway) redhead. LOL

Edited by Mistah J