The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

I think we were meant to believe that Jason died in the end. It's the only way the ending really makes any sense or has any closure to me. It also explains the significance flashback scene at the end. Sure, it's not how it happened in the comics, but I think the movie is conveniently avoiding that.

Also, how hilarious was it that the thugs were so in awe of Nightwing? They were seriously like "WOAH! That's Nightwing! He was the FIRST Robin! He's AMAZING!!"

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we were meant to believe that Jason died in the end. It's the only way the ending really makes any sense or has any closure to me. It also explains the significance flashback scene at the end. Sure, it's not how it happened in the comics, but I think the movie is conveniently avoiding that.

That is pretty much how the comic ended. With Jasons body never being found. And the Joker causing the explosion.

Bruce said this changes nothing, as Jason will always be a Boy Wonder to him.

Road Track and Trail, Big Bend, WI. Spent all day riding it home. My ass is so sore that there are no words.

It's a 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 900. I'm stuck on a name for it, though I'm thinking Brother Warth.

This may just be me being a dork, but, Vera? :P I'll probably come up with a bunch of stuff later on shift. Cause it is DEAD out here.

My boss just offered me three days down the office just occupying it. Don't even have to answer the phones, they'll be on divert, just paid occupancy. I've got my new portable hard drive, two seasons of Torchwood and the second season of Flight of the Conchords to keep me occupied, plus tomorrow I'll have NXT and ROH. Oh, and I'll be able to use the chance to drop my invoice for the weekend to the guys next door, who I also work for. Plus I've got several books from my birthday I'm looking forward to diving into.

Sweet.

My boss just offered me three days down the office just occupying it. Don't even have to answer the phones, they'll be on divert, just paid occupancy. I've got my new portable hard drive, two seasons of Torchwood and the second season of Flight of the Conchords to keep me occupied, plus tomorrow I'll have NXT and ROH. Oh, and I'll be able to use the chance to drop my invoice for the weekend to the guys next door, who I also work for. Plus I've got several books from my birthday I'm looking forward to diving into.

Sweet.

Never had three days in a row, but I've had days like that this summer at my job, good times. Ran through so much Doctor Who and Breaking Bad.

Sweet.

Wait, So what is the point of "Paid Occupancy"?

Sweet.

Wait, So what is the point of "Paid Occupancy"?

Open mail, check faxes and wait for a big delivery of equipment that we need for next week but we don't know when its arriving (just that its coming before the end of this week). It's a sweet gig because they're paying me at my old full-time rate, and I never realised how much that was until I went off to become a student and all my money came through self-employment.

My housemates new baby, Amber Perry, born 4th August came home today. Super-cute, mostly devotes her time to grimacing and wriggling. Never once opened her eyes to take a look at me when I held her, but then she did that to her grandparents too. A couple of pics will follow at some point I'm sure.

I think my main job for the rest of the summer will be distracting her older brother to make sure he doesn't feel too left out. Already agreed to help him tomorrow with some arts and crafts presents he got.

40366_10150233285440366_841580365_14000561_1904048_n.jpg

Dawww. She really is very tiny (well, 7lb 8oz, so not that tiny for a newborn) and super-cute. Very hard not to get pulled into the tractor beam of watching her be adorable every time I wonder past. Terrified of dropping her every time she gets passed to me but I still think I rank a distant second to her older brother in terms of how scary people find her. Don't think he's been within two feet of her since she arrived.