The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

Visa for Japan: GET!

Now, all I have to do is get my new phone Thursday (iPhone 3GS 8 gig, which, in a wonderfully supreme act of irony, will be the cheapest option for going abroad), get some $ converted to yen and put a travel alert on my account (and also apply for a credit card), and figure out, you know, where I'm living, and I'll be ready to ship out at the end of the month.

(Except for packing. And ohdeargod I don't feel anywhere near ready.)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Visa for Japan: GET!

Now, all I have to do is get my new phone Thursday (iPhone 3GS 8 gig, which, in a wonderfully supreme act of irony, will be the cheapest option for going abroad), get some $ converted to yen and put a travel alert on my account (and also apply for a credit card), and figure out, you know, where I'm living, and I'll be ready to ship out at the end of the month.

(Except for packing. And ohdeargod I don't feel anywhere near ready.)

That is very cool.

• 2 weeks later...

I did 80 push ups this morning AND did my taxes. Smart AND strong, yes ladies I'm available. ;)

Actually doing this 100 Push Ups exercise routine these days, gone from barely being able to do ten to lots in a fairly short time. Highly advise giving it a shot, they've even got an iphone app to help time your workouts and keep track of them. Doesn't take much time either, just 3 short sessions a week.

Okay, I'm feeling pretty good right now.

As mentioned, I look like a shoo-in for the one job I have an interview for (nepotism ftw), so I will have money coming in. Combine that with the fact I have my last paycheque from my current job coming in in two weeks (my last day is today) and I have a decent income with a one week break.

It's looking like James and I have almost found our new roomie. A good looking lady from Manchester no less (goal one of the winter, show why hockey > soccer).

Furthermore, I took a look at my student loan balance...I thought that I would have a hair short of $20K to pay off. I looked at the website today and it said I had less than $3K. Things are coming up my way.

Last. Day. Of. Work.

I'm going to be blasting "Sweet's Song (Reprise) on my iPhone as I pull out tonight. So glad to be done with this place.)

And now, two days with the family, and then I'm off to Japan for the next four months. ...Wow. And at least I'm mostly packed at this point. Just a few last-minute things to throw in. Managed to fit my life into a carry on and two huge checked bags.

Last. Day. Of. Work.

I'm going to be blasting "Sweet's Song (Reprise) on my iPhone as I pull out tonight. So glad to be done with this place.)

And now, two days with the family, and then I'm off to Japan for the next four months. ...Wow. And at least I'm mostly packed at this point. Just a few last-minute things to throw in. Managed to fit my life into a carry on and two huge checked bags.

Nice choice.

"See you all in hell"

Got a bit of a liver issue going on, so I have a set of pills I need to take after every meal, when I wake up, and when I go to bed. Apple sauce was getting old, as you can imagine. I'd not been keeping very well, so I just thought "screw it" and stood with that thing in the back of my mouth for about two minutes before I was able to down it with water.

It's kind of like riding a bike, scared out of wits, then I do it and it becomes easy. (as you can tell, I'm very happy)