James D.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Today, my boss, who is the most unintelligent, incompetent man that I have ever had the displeasure of meeting, was fired. Or quit in the middle of his being fired meeting. Regardless, I don't have to deal with him ever again. I do not wish him well on his future endeavors. Best day at work I've had in a long while.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back at my old job again. Lots of travel, long days, misery etc but three major advantages-

-I'm freelance, so if I want time off I just take it.

-I'm working directly for the largest garage equipment company in Europe, which looks good on the CV.

-My freelance fee is double my old fee. I make more in a week than I would have in 6 weeks of unemployment and housing benefit.

• 2 months later...

I've just picked up a letter saying I have gained a 6.38% pay rise, effective immediately. Now, in that my existing pay was low to begin with and I'm still a few hunded pounds off of the £15k student loan re-payment gradient, I'm staying grounded about the news. But in that I wasn't expecting any pay review until July and it seems like it was brought about through a national scheme recognising the basic cost of living, it's a pretty welcome boon!

• 2 weeks later...

In other news, I've been shortlisted to appear in the new series of popular ITV gameshow 'The Chase' (I believe there's US version out there as well). I had an audition on Thursday morning against 4 other people - the other guy progressing was a retired biker called Reg, so obviously they were after a certain type of person - and got the news a bit later on.

"Shortlisted" doesn't guarantee me a TV spot and there's still a couple more hoops to jump through, but it's exciting just to get this far!