Powers TV Series

JackFetch

Powers is headed to television and Bendis himself has written the pilot.

“I just handed in a draft to the network and we’re getting our notes from the network as soon as this thing is over. So next week I’ll get the notes, and as long as they don’t involve sock puppets and some sort of orgy scene that I’m not interested in, then hopefully it will go in the right direction.”

“This thing” is the NYCC, the network is FX. OK? Too many abbreviations, KWIM?

Powers, if you don’t know, is essentially about buddy cops investigating superpowered criminals. The week-to-week format is clear, the potential for series arcs inherent and, frankly, good writing and casting could make this a smash. Shame we probably can’t expect the comics’ Madman and Savage Dragon cameos.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/02/07/brian-...all/#more-19491

I never heard of this the concept sounds interesting, are the cops normal or are they superpowered too?

Unpowered, but standard police equipment includes a power neutraliser. Of course they are heavily involved in general goings-on of the powers and one or two of them may have a history with them. Its a book thats well worth checking out.