Battle for the Cowl

SuaveStar

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.

And people have the fucking gall to complain about RIP?

Anyway, suavestar, did you really think that there would be no Bruce Wayne in 6 months when DC has said repeatedly that Bruce is not dead? Plus, there is NO WAY that Bruce Wayne won't be Batman. Warner Bros. owns Batman, not DC. Bruce Wayne is what the layperson knows and thus, Bruce Wayne Batman will be.

nightwing_glup.jpg

To my eternal shame this was the only Nightwing story I've ever bought. I collected it from start to end because of my interest in Jason Todd and the fact that having him running around in a Nightwing costume killing people was pretty cool. Then it went off a cliff, and I've never bothered to try and go back to the book.

What I meant was I thought we would have a storyline about someone else taking up the mantle, then Bruce coming back.

I always knew he would come back at some point.

I just didn't think it would negate what happened in final crisis so quickly.

But it doesn't negate what happened because it is what Grant Morrison has planned. We will see why this all happened.

In other news, can anyone tell me what the Todd-monster's word balloon says?

What I meant was I thought we would have a storyline about someone else taking up the mantle, then Bruce coming back.

But it doesn't negate what happened because it is what Grant Morrison has planned. We will see why this all happened.

"And thats why you should never punch reality!"

Well your a poopy head!

Anyway, I really am looking forward to battle for the cowl as it should be a fun what if story in a way.

But I really want part 2 of "Whatever happened to the caped crusader?" a lot more, it was a story I expected nothing of and got so much of a great read from part one.

Also that Jason Todd thing, just give him his own series and have Judd Winick write every issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I picked it up and it far exceeded my expectations, I really liked it.

Nightwing is the most obvious candidate to take up the cowl but he's adamant that no-one should and Tim wants there to be a Batman and he's up for the job (looks cool in the classic outfit too, I liked the glass eyepieces as a small update). Plus we get the other more violent Batman, who most people are thinking is Jason Todd but I think thats a bit obvious. Maybe Harvey Dent? Great looking McFarlane-style cape on the outfit anyway. I'm excited to see how Azreal comes into this.

I really enjoyed the first issue.

I love the fact that Black Mask is back (LOVED him as a villain), thought the art was great, and I feel bad for the girl joy riding with Damien who gets eaten. lol. Tony Daniel did a better job than I expected and I'm actually looking forward to the next issue. Can't wait for Azrael though.

Grant Morrison's interview with IGN regarding his upcoming Batman and Robin series seems to give tha game away, unless he's swerving us;

Morrison: This is a very different Batman and Robin team from any that we've seen before. It's almost a reverse of the traditional dynamic, with a more light-hearted and spontaneous Batman and a scowling, badass Robin.

That's gotta be Dick and Damian, right?

Issue 1. Fucking greatness. Tony Daniels writing and drawing is inspired. Amazing storytelling.

I'm along for the ride on the three issue series.

And Suavestar, I seriously can't see how anyone would have enjoyed Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader. I just can't.