Suggestion for the next Podcast after WFP ends

SteveJRogers

Mike and James, you guys should do a podcast on all the live action superhero movies, new and old.

:yes::yes::yes:

I *cough* agree. Why hasn't *cough**cough*anyone else *cough*Ian*cough* thought of that *cough*Comic Reel-lief*cough**hack**wheeze*. Sorry, I'm fighting off a subtlety... I mean cold.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely, WFP should move on to covering the live action superhero films, and I think FYEO should move onto something new once the Bond franchise is up, like a sprawling series of superhero cartoons or a long running British sci-fi show.

Post of the Day?

Absolutely, WFP should move on to covering the live action superhero films, and I think FYEO should move onto something new once the Bond franchise is up, like a sprawling series of superhero cartoons or a long running British sci-fi show.

Post of the Day?

I concur.

Can I just say that I think it's a little ridiculous to be speculating what the next podcast is going to be as the current one is at its mid-life at this point. Let alone trying to decide what two people are going to dedicate a large portion of their lives to.

Let them decide what they are itnerested in at least and they will ask for input if they want it.

I have a query, though.

Mike and James, you guys seem to be of nearly the same mind about most of the DCAU episodes, examining them in a very "technical" or "real-world" sense, placing importance on the literal details above all else.

Now, this may just be my personal opinion, but I don't hold a lot of the technical information in as high regard for superhero stories, as they're pretty outlandish as it is. The little details are important, but plot-related information is more important to me. For instance, in "Perchance to Dream," you guys seemed to put a lot of importance on the plot hole of the Mad Hatter not taking off Batman's mask or giving him an IV or something to keep him alive, but I never thought that those details were important, as the real point of the episode was to examine Bruce Wayne's psyche. Kevin Conroy himself has said that that's one of his favorite episodes, and it's one of mine too; I think it's amazing. (However, on the technical points, Hatter has been shown to give greater importance to disguises and personas than real identities, so maybe he didn't care who Batman really was? He is insane, after all. And he also doesn't exactly care for the physical well-being of his mind-controlled targets, as long as they "think" they're okay. Once again, HE IS INSANE.)

Do you think that maybe it might be a good idea to get a third host on the 'cast who could examine the superhero films more from a general, overall story-based sense, rather than just from the nitpicky details?

(FYI, I am NOT volunteering)

Guest DCAUFan1051

There was a time when I made a post in an episode thread forget which 1 asking if E-2 was gonna review Back To The Future and mike said not until the 25th anniversary that he had plans for it and yes he thought that far in advance. My point is the suggestions for the most part here could be taken into a thought process and stored for later. While I agree dedicating part of your life to a project that is clearly a little more then 2 years away from the current 1 finishes. It's still good to see some ideas.

No. We've gone 52 episodes, building our dynamic along the way. Adding a third person now would not only disrupt said dynamic, but would drastically change the show. And I'm not up for that.

Fair enough, Bruce Timm seemed excited at the prospect but I'll just have to tell him it isn't going to happen.

Guest DCAUFan1051
No. We've gone 52 episodes, building our dynamic along the way. Adding a third person now would not only disrupt said dynamic, but would drastically change the show. And I'm not up for that.

Fair enough, Bruce Timm seemed excited at the prospect but I'll just have to tell him it isn't going to happen.

(must resist using caps) don't even joke like that stavros that aint even funny!!

• 4 weeks later...
Please Someone do a Marvel Animated Universe Podcast!!!

True they did do a lot of crossovers early on, but for the most part the crossovers were limited to about a year, and then it reverted back into every cartoon as a "pocket universe" or something to that affect.

Just thought of something, granted it would be way too much to do EVERY SINGLE Raw/Smackdown/Nitro/what have you, even for a specific year or time frame (i.e. a given Wrestlemania to Wrestlemanina that was one hell of a ride, like the time in between Austin's title win against HBK through his match against The Rock a year later) but how about a PPV type of series?

Either do every single year of a specific PPV (and in cases like The Royal Rumble, include the first one which was a cable event) or mega event (like NWA/WCW's Clash of The Champions events). Or pick a promotion, and just do every single PPV/mega event in chronological order. (Yes I know the WWE is still very much active and you'd like to see a finish line) or maybe a specific era or year of a promotion's history, or all the major wrestling events (across the different promotions) in a given time frame, or year (I.e. the Monday Night Wars era PPV history)

Eh, just another thought I had.

If I still watched wrestling, I would love to revive "When Worlds Collide" for E2. I think it fits into our bubble. For those of you non-Oratory folk, basically what happened was 2-4 of us on the Oratory Wrestling website would sim all the matches of an upcoming PPV on several different wrestling video games, write up the PBP of the simmed match and the results, and then offer our own opinions on whether or not we thought the CPU was right or wrong on their prediction of the winners. It was SO much fun back in the day when wrestling was actually, you know, good.

• 2 weeks later...
If I still watched wrestling, I would love to revive "When Worlds Collide" for E2. ...

I watched the 94' one, I think that's what it was called and correct me if I'm wrong, between Mexican and US stars live from LA I think, when El Hijo del Santo and Octagon kicked ass in an awesome way. It might not look awesome now after 15 years, but that day is was A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

If I still watched wrestling, I would love to revive "When Worlds Collide" for E2. ...

I watched the 94' one, I think that's what it was called and correct me if I'm wrong, between Mexican and US stars live from LA I think, when El Hijo del Santo and Octagon kicked ass in an awesome way. It might not look awesome now after 15 years, but that day is was A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

I wasn't talking about the When Worlds Collide PPV... :unsure: