Suggestion for the next Podcast after WFP ends

SteveJRogers

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's my Pirates of Dark Water podcast, thats what I want to know.

The problem with that is that whoever does that podcast goes into it knowing that they're not having a conclusion. At the rate of how Mike and James do episodes, we'd get about 4 episodes of the Wraithcast before we get the series retrospective. Ian wouldn't even have enough material of people putting their foots in their mouth for a five minute clip show, let alone the awesome we hear every retro.

I want a podcast reviewing some of the newer super hero cartoons. Like Legion of Super Heroes, The Batman, and Batman The Brave And The Bold (must have reviewing on E-2).

I think this podcast could actually go on for a while. There would be reviewing of 7 seasons of cartoons (The Batman and Legion of Super heroes). Plus there would be more for the ongoing Batman The Brave And The Bold. Legion of Super Heroes would be the perfect thing to review after a Justice League Unlimited review.

One hard thing about this podcast would be trying to find out a name for it. There would not be much of a theme for this podcast too.

I love WFP, I am mad that it won't last as long as other podcasts like Earth-2.net The Show. The reason is because its just reviewing the DCAU (and Teen Titans, and BTW, its not in continuity). WFP should stop being just in the DCAU. I know you guys want to review Batman The Brave And The Bold.

There's no real need to change the mission statement (if you will) of WFP, as it was always designed just to cover the DCAU. Which obviously includes Teen Titans.....

And I'm still holding out on Mike & James reforming to cover Captain Planet and the Planeteers, although I'm slightly worried the Nostalgia Critic is so comprehensive in his scathing reviews that there may not be an actual need to do that.

• 3 weeks later...

Please keep sending in those suggestions, but do know that if James and I start another podcast post-WFP, it won't launch any earlier than 2012. Both of us want and, frankly, deserve a break once the show is finished (which will be in early 2011).

I would absolutely LOVE to do an Avatar: The Last Airbender podcast. It's one of my favorite cartoons. However, I know that another Earth-2 mainpager has said he wants to do an Avatar podcast soon. And seeing as how I barely have time for WFP, I can't in good conscience say, "I'll/We'll do an Avatar podcast, but it won't be until 2012" when someone else wants to do it sooner. That wouldn't be fair.

I disagree completely. It's such an epic series, even though it's just 3 seasons. There are far too many storylines and complex relationships to just cover in one or even a few episodes of Kellen's podcast. I certainly think it could merit its own standalone podcast.

Perhaps a Disney Afternoon podcast? Assuming about 5 episodes of a series per podcast, that's something like 115 episodes up through the end of Gargoyles and, quite frankly, everything from that point on is kind of avoidable. For that matter, so is Bonkers so it could be kept down to a hundred episodes, especially if you don't cover any of the movies that came out of any of the series (A Goofy Movie, the direct to Video Aladdin movies, Duck Tales the Movie).

I wouldn't object to a Disney movie podcast where we talk about each Disney feature movie (starting with Snow White and moving forward), but there's no way I can do a Disney TV show podcast. I barely watched any of those shows besides Duck Tales.

I disagree completely. It's such an epic series, even though it's just 3 seasons. There are far too many storylines and complex relationships to just cover in one or even a few episodes of Kellen's podcast. I certainly think it could merit its own standalone podcast.

I see it as an ongoing series within AP, and not a recap of the entire series in one or two episodes. In that way, it would be like our Dark Knight Discussions in Earth-2.net: The Show, or the Gilt Edged Bond series within Better in the Dark.

Also I think Avatar has a future, meaning I think in the future, there might be another Avatar series or movie or something.