Suggestion for the next Podcast after WFP ends

SteveJRogers

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you imagine a Disney-centric podcast with an "explicit" tag?! :lol:

Hey better you guys than have Ian and Adham pick it up when Bond is finished. The second Snow White gets sent to sleep they'll be all "She had it coming!"

Think how many Disney films they'll be able to apply that phrase to!

Hey better you guys than have Ian and Adham pick it up when Bond is finished. The second Snow White gets sent to sleep they'll be all "She had it coming!"

I actively fear a podcast team-up between Michael David Sims and Adham Fisher. The only man who can get an explicit tag on a Doctor Who podcast co-presenting a show with Leicester's wackiest misogynist is just mind-boggling.

I actively fear a podcast team-up between Michael David Sims and Adham Fisher. The only man who can get an explicit tag on a Doctor Who podcast co-presenting a show with Leicester's wackiest misogynist is just mind-boggling.

I actually want that show now. Mike's inevitable filthy innuendo regarding slipper sizes or rubbing lamps and Adhams inevitable "Bambi's mother? She had it coming!"

Even though it was mentioned a few pages back in this thread, Michael mentioned Deep Space Nine, but then thought that wouldn't work because James probably? isn't a Star Trek fan, which is fine. That wouldn't necessarily preclude Babylon 5 however and considering that I've watched all of DS9 and Babylon 5 (I would argue there is a not so nice reason both shows have some similar setups and fictional character names, but that would be digressing) it could be a nice serialized non-Trek live action science fiction show to review. And you could even argue the old CGI looks like animation. =)

If that doesn't float the boat as it were, then maybe something more esoteric like Johnny Quest could be interesting as well.

Even though it was mentioned a few pages back in this thread, Michael mentioned Deep Space Nine, but then thought that wouldn't work because James probably? isn't a Star Trek fan, which is fine. That wouldn't necessarily preclude Babylon 5 however and considering that I've watched all of DS9 and Babylon 5 (I would argue there is a not so nice reason both shows have some similar setups and fictional character names, but that would be digressing) it could be a nice serialized non-Trek live action science fiction show to review. And you could even argue the old CGI looks like animation. =)

If that doesn't float the boat as it were, then maybe something more esoteric like Johnny Quest could be interesting as well.

The problem with DS9 is that it's heavily reliant upon the events of TNG, so realistically the podcast would need to be a TNG-era podcast that would include TNG, DS9, the TNG movies, and maybe Voyager.

Also, I'm almost ready to start up my own "Trek Reviews" podcast (which will cover all the Trek series and movies), so I think I've got that covered (though I won't get to DS9 for another couple years).

That's why I was suggesting Babylon 5. It doesn't require someone watching TNG or any other Trek. I was just remarking that if someone like DS9, then it stands to reason that might also like Babylon 5. If so, then it would only require watching Babylon 5 by itself to enjoy. I apologize if that was not clear in the first post.

That's why I was suggesting Babylon 5. It doesn't require someone watching TNG or any other Trek. I was just remarking that if someone like DS9, then it stands to reason that might also like Babylon 5. If so, then it would only require watching Babylon 5 by itself to enjoy. I apologize if that was not clear in the first post.

Ahhh...

Yeah, I've heard great stuff about Babylon 5, especially in regards to its overall continuity.

Don't get me wrong, I love SpongeBob (I wear a SpongeBob pin on my hoodie), but every review would be the same: SpongeBob wakes up, annoys Squidward, laughs, has a silly adventure, annoys Squidward some more, laughs, gets sad, laughs, the end.

Don't get me wrong, I love SpongeBob (I wear a SpongeBob pin on my hoodie), but every review would be the same: SpongeBob wakes up, annoys Squidward, laughs, has a silly adventure, annoys Squidward some more, laughs, gets sad, laughs, the end.

Yeah it might not work out. Maybe it will happen somewhere after you guys are done doing a Dora The Explorer podcast, which will happen, right? I thought of a good name for it, the We Did It! Podcast.

The only way I could ever do a Dora the Explorer podcast is if I took the Kevin Smith route, which is to be high while watching the program. (I'd probably have to be high while recording, too.)

Well, the popular theory is that Dora is actually a drug mule and the balloon burst so everything she's seeing is a hallucination as a result of an overdose. If you'll notice, she always seems to be crossing rivers and tunnels.