G.I. Joe

JackFetch

As part of its lucrative deal with toy manufacturer Hasbro, EA has announced the development of a game for G.I. Joe to release alongside the upcoming The Rise of Cobra. The game doesn't seem strictly based on events from the film, as EA promises players the ability to "re-live the greatest moments from the film, cartoon series and action figure toy line." We're not sure what greatest moments from the action figures they're referring to, but we assume it's when your band of G.I. Joes held your little sister's Barbie for a ransom of candy.

The game features 12 playable characters, while the movie highlights five, so they may be pulling others from the toy line. It will allow single-screen co-op for two players, and is being developed for all major platforms: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, PS2, PSP, and Nintendo DS. Though EA is tight-lipped about many details so far, we'll reportedly get our first look on February 15 at the New York City Toy Fair. This news isn't surprising, as most big-budget action films get some kind of game release, like the recently announced Transformers 2. With the two games and movies releasing so close to each other, you can resume your epic playground debates with friends of which series is better.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172735

This would only work as a squad based shooter. Then how do you deal with the ninja in the middle of the firefight?

• 1 month later...