Pride & Prejudice & Zombies

Stavros

Oh its real.

Seriously, I think Marvel is missing the boat by not doing this with their Marvel Illustrated line. It might become a massively over saturated market but it would sell better than those titles are now.

Zombie-Dick! The Picture of Dorian Zombie! Last of the Mohicans (because all the others have been eaten)!

• 2 years later...
Emma Stone has taken the leading role in Craig Gillespie's Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Variety reports.

Emma Stone will take over for the originally-rumored Natalie Portman, who remains on board the project as a producer. The film, based on Seth Grahame-Smith's re-interpretation of Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice, features the literary heroine Elizabeth Bennet (Stone) up against hordes of ravenous zombies.

Stone is the first confirmed cast member for the project, which has been scripted by Grahame-Smith and Marti Noxon. She will next appear in Disney's The Help and will play Gwen Stacy in next summer's The Amazing Spider-Man.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=78928#ixzz1Q3SVL9az

I just don't like today's teen comedies where the lead characters are unlikable douchebags who always have the perfect quip to come back with. Nobody talks like that.

I didn't think she was unlikable in the slightest. And I actually have known quite a few similarly overly quippy people.

Emma Stone and Thomas Haden Church and Stanley Tucci. I think the 2 parents in it show that the movie isn't preachy or taking itself too seriously, if anything it's poking fun at the teen movies.

One thing I didn't like about it was a kind of chunky Amanda Bynes, where did that come from, it looked like a bee stung her face!

I just don't like today's teen comedies where the lead characters are unlikable douchebags who always have the perfect quip to come back with. Nobody talks like that.

Yeah well.....shut up!

See, now that's how teens really talk. If it was a modern movie, you would have made some reference to an obscure 18th century writer that meant the same thing but sounds cooler.

• 4 months later...
It's been a troublesome road so far for Lionsgate's Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Today, Deadline reports that director Craig Gillespie has left the project, making him the third attached helmer to do so.

Based on Seth Grahame-Smith's re-interpretation of Jane Austen's "Pride & Prejudice," the story features the literary heroine Elizabeth Bennet up against hordes of ravenous zombies.

Originally, David O. Russell was to direct the project, but he exited late last year. He was replaced last November with Mike White, who left in turn in January. Gillespie came aboard the film in April and, though rumors hit of his departure hit in August, they were denied by studio reps.

The leading role, meanwhile, still remains open after rumors that the part would go to Emma Stone, Blake Lively and Natalie Portman (who does remain aboard the project as producer).

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=83657