The Eclectic Podcast

Darque Edge

And the latest episode is up.

This week, we've got Dave back on, and we're discussing Wolverine and Star Trek

A Wolverine review and some white, British people rapping. Hmmmmmm......

I can't wait for the squint-off followed by the crimp-off that will settle this imitation-issue.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Really liked the book discussion, I'm a huge Dahl fan (I'm pretty sure I've read everything).

The Anime discussion is good too, especially since I was also brought into those materials through Urotsukidoji. Nothing inspires you to look at a genre more than a three-pronged demon-penis.

Oh, and if you're offended by Urotsukidoji you aren't going to be less offended by Bible Black.

FYYE is For Your Ears Only as said by a Duchess. For Your Years Eonly!

I'm scared that FYYE stands for something rude....

Really good episode. I love Roald Dahl books so hearing about some of the best ones being discussed was good stuff. The Sophie Dahl thing....wow...that'll make re-reading the BFG pretty difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest episode is up, and Matt, Dave and I are discussing scary movies. We also discuss childhood memories of early terror (American listeners may need to be aware that Tony Hart is a beloved 80s kids TV presenter, who had an animated plasticine puppet as a sidekick to appreciate how weird it is that I used to be freaked out by him) and Dave gets very foolish with google images.

At around the 20 minute mark, we have the google images bit, and I swear I almost died laughing while we were recording this.

Hmmm - will it make more people listen if I explain that we managed to expose Dave to a goatse image, and it's the funniest thing I've heard in ages?

In the meantime, this week's podcast is up, and is about TV series that ended in a short amount of time. Firefly, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Middleman, Fawlty Towers, Ultraviolet and more.

Hmmm - will it make more people listen if I explain that we managed to expose Dave to a goatse image, and it's the funniest thing I've heard in ages?

In the meantime, this week's podcast is up, and is about TV series that ended in a short amount of time. Firefly, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Middleman, Fawlty Towers, Ultraviolet and more.

Already listened, laughed, enjoyed, corrected and sent a long email to Matt. Took longer than it should to find an email address for one of you guys, maybe you could do something about that.

Now that I've heard that even British people like Firefly, I might get off my backside and seek it out. I'll save my feedback proper for the GeekPlanet website, but I really enjoyed this week's episode (everyone knows how much I enjoy a montage) and I'm looking forward to the next one. As a general rule, most TV shows either get cancelled before their prime or jump the shark and then diminish in popularity until they finally end, so I'm intrigued by next week's choices.

Dude, you haven't seen Firefly? Its awesome man. I'm not saying every episode is 5 stars but its got the best ensemble cast of characters I've seen on TV and some damn funny moments to boot. Action, adventure, badassery and jokes. What more do you want?

Yep, Firefly is great. You can also pick up the movie 'Serenity' for not much money, but be warned - it's basically Firefly Season 2, so watch the boxset first.

Stav, good call on the email thing - I'll point it out to Matt. Meanwhile, why not stick that nitpick to me on either chris@geekplanetonline.com or PM it to me here. Or stick it in our feedback, 'cause that's always useful, even if it highlights our stupidity.

Yep, Firefly is great. You can also pick up the movie 'Serenity' for not much money, but be warned - it's basically Firefly Season 2, so watch the boxset first.

Stav, good call on the email thing - I'll point it out to Matt. Meanwhile, why not stick that nitpick to me on either chris@geekplanetonline.com or PM it to me here. Or stick it in our feedback, 'cause that's always useful, even if it highlights our stupidity.

I actually just got my email back after three days because the sending finally failed and it took this long to tell me. I'll clean it up and send it on to you.

Right, first things first - there's a new episode up (yay!).

This week: Shows that ran their course. After last week's show on 'gone too soon', this week we discuss shows that ran just the right length of time. The shows in question? 'The West Wing', 'Babylon 5' and 'Blake's 7'.

Stavros - still waiting for that email. Do you want to PM me it? Also, we've done some rejigging, and the emails should be easier to find now.

I'll rejig it to cover this new episode too, look for it later today.

Good call on The West Wing, one of my all time favorite shows, up there with Buffy & The Wire. The walk & talk gag was also expertly used on Josh's intern Ryan Pierce, when he's frantically trying to keep up both physically and mentally and ends up faceplanting.

I'll have to check out Blake's 7 and Babylon 5. Blakes was always that show that people older than me raved about back when I thought British sci-fi was confined to Dr Who and Jame Bond, but now that I know Terry Nation was behind it I'm intrigued.

I've always been anti B5 due to the fan emnity between those guys and DS9 guys. I don't dislike the show from what I've seen but I don't like one of my all time favorites being disparaged and called a rip-off.

• 2 weeks later...

And another one!

This week, Dave, Matt and I are talking about Torchwood: Children of Earth. Chock-full of spoilery goodness, and the most disturbing skit we've done yet. We also talk about who our favourite Doctor is, and we have the best Buck Rogers anecdote you'll ever hear.

• 2 weeks later...

And we're back yet again!

This week's podcast - Obscure Gems.

We're finding those strange things that we love and talk about them, and we're joined by our resident horror expert, 'That Horror Thing' Tom Lucas, as he discusses Nightbreed.

Of interest to the wrestling fans here, I discuss the 'Santo' movies, which are UTTERLY MENTAL.

Matt discusses the awesome 'Another World' game, and Dave discusses the fantastically bad taste 'The Boys'.

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly don't know if the Venture Bros got a proper showing in the UK.

Latest podcast is up! This week, Matt, Dave and I are discussing our favourite comic book movies.

This turns out to be the preliminary discussion for next week's punch-out, knock-down, barn six brawl as we try to establish THE BEST Comic Book Movie ever made.