Episode 77

RSS

In this mega-sized Friday the 13th extravaganza, Desmond Reddick is joined by Darryll for a Roadkill Review of Friday the 13th (2009) before Desmond reviews the brand new documentary His Name Was Jason: 30 Years of Friday the 13th. Desmond and DW both share their top five kills from the series, while DW shares his thoughts on the remake and a review of Friday the 13th for the NES in the latest Brainscan. Desmond comes back to celebrate F#%ked-Up February with the Nine Inch Nails longform music video, "Broken." There's fun and feedback to be had. Friday Terror Tunes aplenty: "Friday" by Life of Agony, "He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask)" by Alice Cooper, "Jason Never Dies" by First Jason, "RV Massacre" by Harry Manfredini, "Gave Up" by Nine Inch Nails, "The New Blood" by Fred Mollin and "Jason's Theme" by Harry Manfredini. [ 2:09:15 || 59.3 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia...admedia_077.mp3

This is the most grief an episode has ever given me. if the audio quality is off, I apologize. DW especially. I had beefed up his audio in the original recording to sound a little better as he's having mic issues but when I saved everything and none of my imported files would play I tried to resave the file before switching around my settings and Audacity saw fit to delete everything.

I got the show pieced back together by two in the am and went to bed while it took eleven million years to export as an mp3. I want to jam an icepick in my eye.

Here, as promised, is the link to Steve Wands' short book of writings for free download. I hope to cover it on the next episode.

Before everything fucked with me, I was having a blast with this one and I hope that still shines through.

If only you guys could replicate this kind of witty banter on the show. :happy:

After I move, you'll finally see us do joint stuff.

By the way, someone needs to send me a copy of His Name Was Jason.

I listened through my computer and the audio was fine. Dubs' segment had some breath static here and there, but who cares? This episode RULED.

My top 5 kills:

5. Horshack fatality (Part VI)

4. Double spear impalement (Part 2)

3. Boxing match (Part VIII)

2. Frozen head smash (Jason X)

1. Sleeping bag (Part VII)

And since I thought about it today, my ranking of the series:

Friday The 13th (1980)

Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter

Friday The 13th Part 2

Friday The 13th (2009)

Friday The 13th Part VI: Jason Lives

Friday The 13th Part V: A New Beginning

Friday The 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan

Friday The 13th Part VII: The New Blood

Jason X

Freddy vs. Jason

Friday The 13th Part 3

Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday

Hmm. My ranking off the top of my head. This would likely change tomorrow.

Friday The 13th Part VI: Jason Lives

Friday The 13th Part VII: The New Blood

Freddy vs. Jason

Jason X

Friday The 13th (2009)

Friday The 13th Part 3

Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter

Friday The 13th Part 2

Friday The 13th Part V: A New Beginning

Friday The 13th (1980)

Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday

Friday The 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan

As you can see, I tend to favor zombie Jason.

Like Dubs, it is likely to change but this is a pretty good indication:

1. Part 2

2. Friday the 13th 2009

3. Part 4: The Final Chapter

4. Part 6: Jason Lives

5. Friday the 13th 1980

6. Part VII: The New Blood

7. Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan

8. Freddy vs. Jason

9. Part III

10. Part V: A New Beginning

11. Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday

12. Jason X

I have a coda to my "don't buy the special editions" comment. In Blockbuster on my lunch break, I discovered that the Part 3 Special Edition actually includes a 3D version. I may pick that up for shits and giggles.

Thanks Stavros and everybody else. The response to this episode, and a really nice email I got, all helped put this shitstorm of an episode behind me. It was maybe my favorite episode yet thanks to the great content, collaborators and feedback but the post production end of it really soured me on it.

To be honest I havn't been following Dread Media as close as I might have liked, I've only listened to a few just because horror isn't usually my deal. I've cherrypicked several eps to enjoy at work this week, I'm looking forward to them.

By the way Des, did you ever cover Dead Man's Shoes? I know you mentioned it in a column once but I can't find further material in the archive.