The DC Universe Original Animated Movie Thread

Guest DCAUFan1051

Guest DCAUFan1051

Please use this thread for any discussions of the DC Universe Original Animated Movies...... that way there's a dedicated thread to the entire series :D

Green Lantern: First Flight, an upcoming DC Universe animated original movie :shocked:

here's the story on Worlds Finest Online... it's actually a part of the Wonder Woman Screening in San Francisco at WonderCon February 27, 2009

Green Lantern DCU Original Animated movie at WonderCon Screening Of Wonder Woman

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051

Sorry I just put it there because I've seen other threads in there that aren't directly related please move it to where it should be :D

At least we're getting a GL centric movie of some sort woohoo Hopefully depending on which GL they use that David Boreanaz can reprise Hal Jordan's Voice that would be cool.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Cartoon Network is showing Justice League: New Frontier tomorrow at seven PM central time. It's a great opportunity to see it, if you haven't, like me.

cool- when and if you get a chance Preston you should get the 2 Disc DVD it's awesome.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Since creating this thread I originally was going to post the different DVD Covers of the DCU Movies but didn't feel like it at the time. So here they are there are several different covers for each depending on the Edition you want. I didn't add the single disc Edition of Superman: Doomsday because well the 2 Disc is just better :D I've also included the NEW Wonder Woman DVD pics:

SupermanDoomsday2DiscEdition.jpg

BatmanGK2DiscEdition.jpg

JLNewFrontierSingleDiscEdition.jpg

Single Disc Art

JLNewFrontier2DiscEdition.jpg

2 Disc Edition Art (I have this version and love it)

WonderWomanSingleDiscEdition.jpg

WonderWoman2DiscEdition.jpg

It should be noted that the WW Blu-Ray Art is the same as the 2 Disc Edition, that is also true of The New Frontier DVD When searching for these artworks on CD/DVD/Games Covers Website I found several Editions of the Doomsday DVD that eith came with comics or a DVD Digital Comic. I had no idea that they were out like that. I believe it's only with the single Disc edition though. I also found B: Gotham Knight DVD that had Steelbook packaging. I have no interest in spending more $$ on S: Doomsday I'm happy with the 2 Disc Edition. I rented Gotham Knight from iTunes a while back and it really didn't appeal to me other then the fact that Kevin Conroy was Bats. Should I just be completionist and get the 2 Disc Edition just to say I have it? I really enjoyed New Frontier even though I'd rather see a DCAU Justice League type movie. David Boreanaz as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern RULES!!! I'm actually feeling a little better and have some energy that's why this post is so long minus the pics. And yes I know that most everyone knows what these DVD Covers look like. But I figured I'd use my energy wisely before it leaves me again. Hope y'all like it.

I can't wait for more details on the DC Universe Green Lantern Movie that will be cool..... anyone have any thoughts as to what direction they'd gone in? Will they continue Hal's story from New Frontier or go in a completely different direction? What would everyone want to see the DC Universe people do with GL?

I'm watching Wonder Woman now. First impressions? This has the best action and animation of any of these DC films. Seriously, this is some good stuff right here. I'm not putting it above The New Frontier just because thats a great story overall but I'm quite impressed so far.

Plus the voice talent is amazing. Alfred Molina, Keri Russell, Rosario Dawson, the guy who played Illya Kuryakin in the Man from U.N.C.L.E. and best of all, Nathan Fillion.

Oh Nathan Fillion :wub:

edit: OK, quick update. This is by far the funniest film DC have made. I'll let you guys watch it for yourselves, but its freakin' hilarious.

another edit: Overall story wasn't as good as New Frontier but this was start to finish the most fun of any animated comic-book film I've seen other than Return of the Joker. Harsh violent action and great comedy, I want more just like this.

There were some slight problems with the storytelling, like there was a few transitional scenes going into the final fight that got cut but it didn't really hurt the film. I'm sure people can find lots of logic flaws with the story as a whole but I'm not out to nitpick it, the film was fun enough.

I always find it funny that Wonder Woman preaches all that women's lib stuff and yet she and the amazons are the living incarnation of sexism in comics. Yes they are strong fierce warriors who can kick ass, but they look (as said in the film) like a group of armoured supermodels. I'm not complaining, but its pure hypocrisy.

I'm not in favor of complicating the standard GL outfits. Unless you go with a bowl-cut, green jacket over black shirt look with chunky white belt and gloves the variants tend to look pretty bad. The body armour thing could wind up lowering the quality of the final animation, even if it is subtle.

I really like the look of Sinestro though. I'm presuming that this is an adaptation of the Secret Origin storyline, which I am fully in favor of.

Guest DCAUFan1051
wait a damn minute how the hell are you watching Wonder Woman? thought it didn't come out until March?

I'm watching it completely legally. :angel:

I want a completely legal link sent to my inbox.....

I really want to see the Judas contract, what the hell is going on with that.

me too suave...... Stav cmon be honest.....

you snuck into the studio and stole it right?

I thought TT: Judas Contract wasn't a DC Universe Movie but in the DCAU DVD continuity? I dunno and don't really care but still had to point it out.

The now halted Judas Contract was a DC animated feature like the rest, outside of the DCAU continuity. There was an in-continuity JLU film in production but it has likewise been suspended.

I definitely didn't get it this way but there is a torrent for the new WW film up on Isohunt, so somebody has it ahead of its release date.

Why not just stick with the slick-looking normal GL suit?

Because there's nothing more fun than fixing something that isn't broke.

Now wait a damn minute. Its not that “armourish”, it looks like it can take a lot more ware and tare than some cloth outfit. For once they made it look like a suit, a uniform. You don’t see cops with simple cloth uniforms, there more "dressed up" than that. Also, Remember Kyle's second suit? It showed off his muscle, this is just the same only its a little thicker. And really, Guy Gardner's suit is horrible. A turtle neck and sweater vest doesn’t make me run in fear; it makes me die with laughter. Anyway, that’s my opinion. ;)

Now wait a damn minute. Its not that “armourish”, it looks like it can take a lot more ware and tare than some cloth outfit. For once they made it look like a suit, a uniform. You don’t see cops with simple cloth uniforms, there more "dressed up" than that. Also, Remember Kyle's second suit? It showed off his muscle, this is just the same only its a little thicker. And really, Guy Gardner's suit is horrible. A turtle neck and sweater vest doesn’t make me run in fear; it makes me die with laughter. Anyway, that’s my opinion. ;)

New Animated GL:

67cfa1cade577f74_large.jpg

Hal from JLU:

170px-Animated-HalJordan.jpg

The New Frontier:

gl_07.jpg

Possible Live-Action GL:

normalgreenlanternlh6.jpg

I really don't see why the sleeker suit from the comics & previous animated series can't work here. The only reason I see for the costume change is possibly to match the live-action film, but even the film's costume isn't (as far as we know) that extreme. Heck, it just looks like the costume's made of something other than spandex.

New Animated GL:

67cfa1cade577f74_large.jpg

Hal from JLU:

170px-Animated-HalJordan.jpg

The New Frontier:

gl_07.jpg

Possible Live-Action GL:

normalgreenlanternlh6.jpg

I really don't see why the sleeker suit from the comics & previous animated series can't work here. The only reason I see for the costume change is possibly to match the live-action film, but even the film's costume isn't (as far as we know) that extreme. Heck, it just looks like the costume's made of something other than spandex.

Because, No matter how much they update it, Hals costume will never be subtle for animation. White gloves are from another comic time period, Black and green are whats in this period. I dont care how the suits protrayed, Its just important to make it sleek, sylish and marketable.