The DC Universe Original Animated Movie Thread

Guest DCAUFan1051

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched it.

Liked it quite a bit. It definitely wasn't the Tower of Babel story; it only adapted the subplot with Batman's contingency plans. Everything else was different. But still, it was definitely good. Maybe not as emotional as Red Hood or as fun as Wonder Woman, but overall a really well-balanced story.

All Hail the Internet Fairy. Some comments:

First, Claudia Black rocked Cheetah something fierce.

Second: Nathan Fillion as GL. Why does he only get to voice the animated version? He'd do a better job than Ryan Reynolds!

I liked it. A lot. The Bat is just totally awesome as always. He just doesn't know the meaning of the word 'Quit.'

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TFG1Mike

Freakin Loved JL: Doom. So much awesomeness. I've wanted to read the comic for so long, but never have. I thought the film was very well done in all aspects. That tribut to Dwayne McDuffie was very interesting, and heartfelt.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally saw Justice League: Doom and liked it A LOT. I liked that it actually give each member of the League a personality (especially Hal, who I don't think I've seen done better in any other media I've seen him in) and didn't care that a lot of elements from the Tower of Babel storyline were changed (like Vandal Savage replacing Ra's al Ghul and the Scarecrow toxin being given to Hal rather than Aquaman). Finally, an end to the chain of lackluster DC animated movies (from Superman/Batman: Apocalypse onward). I wonder if the next film will break the chain of lackluster animated Superman movies...

• 5 weeks later...

I really didn't enjoy Flashpoint as a comic, but I with just some good story editing, it could really work well as an animated movie. I mean, I doubt they're going to reference the whole New 52 reboot thing, so all you've got left is the premise of Flash traveling to an alternate, more evil version of the DC Universe where everyone's at war. That sounds pretty solid.

• 4 weeks later...

Yay, a mirror universe where characters are darker more evil versions of themselves. Oh wait, they did that.

It'll be fun to see a Flash-centric films though, that guy is undervalued as a potential mainstay of the company. I mean, they're out there trying to push the massive unweildy Green Landern mythos on people when they've got a fun guy who's power is the ability to run incredibly fast? DC's movie hierarchy should be Batman/Superman/Flash, no question.