Guest DCAUFan1051

The DC Universe Original Animated Movie Thread

I don't think Joker did his usual maniacal laugh for that one. It seemed like he was laughing normally for once.

For me, That scene showed us that Batman and Joker are really two sides of the same coin. They are both the products of one truly horrible day and they both went insane, just in different ways.

I don't think Joker did his usual maniacal laugh for that one. It seemed like he was laughing normally for once.

For me, That scene showed us that Batman and Joker are really two sides of the same coin. They are both the products of one truly horrible day and they both went insane, just in different ways.

I never like that idea. I always think it's an example of surface-level pop psychosis to suggest that Batman is mentally insane. I mean it was an interesting idea...in the 1980s. But how is he any different in essence than Green Arrow or Wildcat?

The laughing serves the concept for the Killing Joke when it took place in 1988, but I don't think it's emblematic of the character and how he's been written since.

And I don't like the idea that Joker was just an ordinary guy if it weren't for losing his family and falling into the chemicals. It's fine to a certain extent, but then you get something like No Man's Land and he's about to murder babies, and it just doesn't work. I much prefer the Paul Dini option from Batman Black and White volume 2, where he was already a crafty criminal way before the green hair.

I think it looks gorgeous but that could be my Bolland Joker bias. The actual animation? I'll wait til I see the movie before I pass judgement.

And man, that video gives away some stuff.

I admit Blolland was always going to be an Alex Ross-ian like challenge, but generally speaking it doesn't look very put together. I would've preferred the animation the went for Under the Red Hood.

Also they mistake Jose Luis Garcia Lopez for Kevin Nowlan in one image. I sure hope somebody got fired for that blunder!

The Killing Joke is reuniting Composers: Kristopher Carter, Michael McCuistion and Lolita Ritmanis. Do you think this is because they shall reprise their (and Shirley Walker's) old Batman / Joker themes used in the DCAU as opposed to the newly created ones from other DCOAM pictures? 

So I watch The Killing Joke. I never read the comic so I have nothing to compare it to. I liked the first half and hated the ending. It made no sense to me. It's like they built up to this explosive climax and then nothing happened. 

No joke though, I'd bet good money that their upcoming "Judas Contract" adaptation will be rated-R.

If WFP taught me anything, it's that:

1.  The Best DC Animated Original Movie would be an adaptation of 'Tower of Babel' 
  2.  The review of 'Green Lantern: First Flight' is coming
  3.  And that the Judas Contract will be out next year...

Judas Contract has nothing in it that requires an "R" rating, unless they explicitly show a 45-60 year old man fucking a fifteen year old. I love that story and Terra's affair with Slade needs to be in there, but pushing it to an "R" rating is entirely unnecessary.

No joke though, I'd bet good money that their upcoming "Judas Contract" adaptation will be rated-R.

If WFP taught me anything, it's that:

1.  The Best DC Animated Original Movie would be an adaptation of 'Tower of Babel' 
  2.  The review of 'Green Lantern: First Flight' is coming

Related image

Edited by You Know Who