The DC Universe Original Animated Movie Thread

Guest DCAUFan1051

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Year One and Killing Joke, and even DKR to some extent were too complacent with the material they were adapting, that they didn't bring any style to their adaptations. Now I actually really love Dark Knight Returns part 2, and think that the Joker chapter is the best animated adaptation of anything they've ever done. But Peter Weller...nah.

I'm actually down for this though. The Judas Contract was the first comic book story I bought with my first paycheck as a teenager, so it holds a special place in my heart. And there are scenes right out of the comics such as Deathstroke attacking Dick Grayson, and the Titans all taken down one by one.

I do miss the original Terra design though.

terra_perez.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wow...wow.

IDK what surprises me more, the return of the classic Harley costume or that the Batmobile has a back seat.

Totally looking forward to a Timm-led Harley story though. The three issue Harley and Ivy miniseries by him and Dini is one of the funniest "Batman" stories of all time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Judas contract was a pretty faithful adaptation of the comic, and I am impressed at how the movies have a shared universe and continuity between them. Obviously they're putting thought into this.

I liked both Batman vs. Superman and Suicide Squad, but the DC live-action stuff has not been as good as it could have been. The animated movies have been much better.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/15/2017 at 9:09 AM, Delete said:

Saw Batman and Harley last night. It is straight comedy all the way through and more joke crash than land. Although there are two gags near the end that are laugh out loud funny.

It's very different from the other stuff, and very adult. I also couldn't stand Harley's voice. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...