Guest DCAUFan1051

The DC Universe Original Animated Movie Thread

Seriously, are these being marketed to anyone beside comic fans? There aren't enough of us to drive sales into the super-profitable.

I was thinking, since the DC Animated Movie crew put alot of action in their products, maybe they could spend some time and make a three hour Our Worlds at War movie.

That would be the equivalent of two regular DC animated films. I think it'd be a better (and safer) bet to go with a more beloved story like Kingdom Come or The Sinestro Corps War.

The World's Finest has posted up the box art for all three versions of Batman: Under the Red Hood. This would include a list of the special features on the back of the box, which includes the title of the next DC animated Universe film. The title will be Superman/Batman: Apocalypse.

With the success of Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, it is no doubt that there will be another film based off of the two most popular comic book heroes of all time. We can probably look forward to have following the same release schedule as last year and see it in stores coming this September. We also will probably see this title promoted at San Diego Comic Con in July, along with Batman: Under the Red Hood.

Knightfall. Probably the most successful Batman story that hasn't had so much as a nod from animation or live action. I'm sure there must be a way to compress it all down. Maybe have the title sequence be the escape from arkham and the wearing down of Batman, and have the movie start with his big showdown with Bane. After he gets broken we see Dick and Tim trying to cope with Jean Paul Valley as the new Batman, and then at the end Bruce defeats Azbats to reclaim the mantle. It doesn't have to be more complicated than that.

My bet would've gone on the next film being Superman/Batman- The Supergirl from Krypton. Maybe Apocalypse is that with a different name, although probably not. As long as it's not that shitty story arc with the fake Ultimates.

My bet would've gone on the next film being Superman/Batman- The Supergirl from Krypton. Maybe Apocalypse is that with a different name, although probably not. As long as it's not that shitty story arc with the fake Ultimates.

I would hope so, S/B:Supergirl was one of my first trades. Although I bet Apocalypse is something different.

Batman: Year One, the comic-book story by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchilli, is being adapted into one of Warner Home Video's DC Universe animated movies, The Continuum has learned.

According to sources, the film will be directed by Sam Liu, who co-directed Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Warner Bros. did not confirm the film's existence. The studio has not commented on projects until their announced release.

In other DC animated

* An announcement is expected soon on the voice of Green Arrow in the DC Showcase short that will accompany a DC Universe animated movie release.

The Green Arrow short was written by Greg Weisman, who is producing the Young Justice series for Cartoon Network.

"It's a pretty lively piece," producer Alan Burnett said.

Source

So....they are selling them on the big heroes names now, and using the shorts to showcase lesser known characters.

I'm not complaining, it works, and I would like to see this.

Guest TFG1Mike

So....they are selling them on the big heroes names now, and using the shorts to showcase lesser known characters.

Well I wouldn't consider Green Arrow as a lesser known character. Still very interesting news.

Well I wouldn't consider Green Arrow as a lesser known character. Still very interesting news.

Lesser known in that he's not Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman.

Arrow is second tier, like Nightwing. :P

How well known is Nightwing now that he's Batman? Blew your mind there didn't I?

How well known is Nightwing now that he's Batman? Blew your mind there didn't I?

Hey, I never said no-one knew Batman or Robin. Just Nightwing.

Eeeeehhhhhhhhhh, not really thrilled with the voice acting on either character.

Eeeeehhhhhhhhhh, not really thrilled with the voice acting on either character.

Opposite of that for me.

It's one of those things where I've now heard so many animated Batman voices that outside of Kevin Conroy I can't really pick out favourites anymore. It'll be fine when I'm watching the thing as a whole, its just in the clip it sounds odd because its not an established Batman voice.