The DC Universe Original Animated Movie Thread

Guest DCAUFan1051

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little late to this conversation but I'm gonna call back to Batman: Under the Red Hood. All though Mark Hamill's Joker is the greatest, I think that Johm DiMaggio is great as the Joker. I love Neil Patrick Harris as Knightwing, I love Neil Patrick Harris all around but it was cool that he was Knightwing, I didn't expect that when I first saw it, I love Batman: Under the Red Hood. I jumped to watching it when I saw the first trailer. It was cool. I have to read A Death in the Family and whatever comic this is mostly based on. Anybody know where I can get my hands on these comics?

Oh yeah and can somebody tell me how Jason's body survived that without more damage then what Joker did to him? I would think an explosion starting from that close to him would, if not completely incinerate hime, at least blow him into different directions, I mean little bits of him, with some occasional chuncks here and there. Man I am demented aren't I?

I'm a little late to this conversation but I'm gonna call back to Batman: Under the Red Hood. All though Mark Hamill's Joker is the greatest, I think that Johm DiMaggio is great as the Joker. I love Neil Patrick Harris as Knightwing, I love Neil Patrick Harris all around but it was cool that he was Knightwing, I didn't expect that when I first saw it, I love Batman: Under the Red Hood. I jumped to watching it when I saw the first trailer. It was cool. I have to read A Death in the Family and whatever comic this is mostly based on. Anybody know where I can get my hands on these comics?

A Death in the Family

Under the Hood Volume 1 and 2 in trade paperback are available also. There's also references to The Killing Joke

• 2 weeks later...
Much like Warner Bros. Animation's Batman: Gotham Knights was an animated anthology released to coincide with The Dark Knight, Green Lantern: Emerald Knights is set to arrive just before this summer's big-screen superhero adaptation. TV Guide has revealed the first still from the project, side-by-side with fan-favorite Nathan Fillion recording his lines, dressed for the part.

In addition to discussing his tremendous love for the Green Lantern comics, Fillion recalls working with the film-version's Jordan, Ryan Reynolds, when they both starred on "Two Guys and a Girl."

The voice cast for Green Lantern: Emerald Knights also includes Jason Isaacs, Kelly Hu, Henry Rollins and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper.

emeraldknights.jpg

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/125766-first-still-from-green-lantern-emerald-knights

Henry Rollins and Roddy Piper? This is a must have already.

Well that's weird. If the article is accurate, it's not an actual sequel to First Flight, despite having the same character designs.

I think it's more than one story like Batman: Gotham Knight was.

Yeah, it is, but it's not in the same continuity. The article mentions Hal training new recruit Arisia, when she was already there before Hal joined the GLC in First Flight.

All-Star Superman spoiler:

Of the material that had to be cut to fit the 75 minutes, what was the one thing you really wish you could have kept that was left out?

"There's this wonderful sequence in the book where Superman talks this suicidal teen girl out of jumping off a building and he's got a lot of problems of his own at that point and that's the essence of Superman, which isn't flying and hitting things but caring about people and inspiring us to be better and I just wish I could have gotten it in."

[Writer's note: When that question was continuously posed, Dwayne also added that the scene was written for the movie but that in trying it at various points in the story, there was just no place it fit and felt right. At certain points where he tried to put it in, just where Superman was emotionally in the story he just couldn't put it in. He says he'd have instantly cut 2 minutes out of a fight to keep it in but it just didn't work. Superman is very strong, not physically, but emotionally and morally. To me, Dwayne continued, Superman's greatest power is the sense of hope he instills in us and that's the cool thing about Grant's book that we tried to keep in the movie. When Superman comes in contact with someone, it changes them for the better.]