Guest DCAUFan1051

The DC Universe Original Animated Movie Thread

Eeeeehhhhhhhhhh, not really thrilled with the voice acting on either character.

Opposite of that for me.

It’s not much to go on, but they both sounded like they fit their roles just fine.

I'm excited to see how they adapt Michael Turner's art. It's really different from everything else they've done thus far.

Guest TFG1Mike

Clayton Crain style Darkseid looks BADASS

Yikes that's Darkseid.... For a minute there I thought it was Apocalypse from X-Men ... :holyshit: lol

and yay a Green Arrow Short.

All that matters is whether or not Michael Ironside is voicing Darkseid.

Agreed. If they get him, I'm sold. Even better if they get Susan Eisenberg to do Wonder Woman again.

The celebrity-laden guest cast is headed by Andre Braugher (Men of a Certain Age) as the daunting Darkseid. Sci-Fi heroine Summer Glau (Serenity/Firefly, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) provides the voice of Supergirl, and seven-time Emmy Award winner Ed Asner (Up) reprises his Superman: The Animated Series/Justice League role as Granny Goodness.

Source

Well...bugger.

I'm excited to see how they adapt Michael Turner's art. It's really different from everything else they've done thus far.

I kind of assumed this is what the style is gonna look like:

100625supergirl1.jpg

I don't recognize that image from anywhere else, the only other time we see supergirl is in the DCAU, and that's definitly not from Justice League Unlimited... Unless I'm forgetting something else?

Source

One of her last appearances was in that costume in the Legion episode. Maybe it was taken from there?

No, that's a completely different character model, its from the new film.

One of her last appearances was in that costume in the Legion episode. Maybe it was taken from there?

No, that's a completely different character model, its from the new film.

My mistake. Looks good though.

Guest TFG1Mike

I can't wait for this one.... while I'm kinda looking forward to Under The Red Hood S/B: Apocalypse looks awesome from what we've seen. Must buy!

The Supergirl arc was my favorite. I am psyched for this, but I am disappointed that Michael Ironside won't be reprising Darkseid.

Guest TFG1Mike

I agree James ... that is kind of a mark against this film... but who knows maybe the voicing will be on par with Ironside's version.