Suicide Squad

JackFetch

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enchantress stuff looks like Lars Von Trier or something. Margot Robbie looks insanely like a girl I dated a million years ago. Smith looks amaazing. GREAT to see Croc moving around. There is literally nothing I disliked about that trailer. Including the awesome masks on the criminals (a goat, Golden Aged Batman, a giant panda, etc.).

Kudos, also, for the creepy version of "I Started a Joke."

I'm in. Bigtime.

I'm really not about this deranged, evil version of Harely as it feel derivative. I get that it's the take they wanna go with, and from an acting standpoint Robbie seems to nail it. It's just every time I see that I'm like "Oh...ok." I mean, hasn't that gotten nothing but complaints since the new 52 began?

Unfortunately, most people are now aware of Harley because of the Arkham games and other modern versions of her. She's more of the sexy biker chick than a harlequin/jester at this point. I know a guy who actually doesn't like the BTAS version of Harley because he thinks that Harley is better as a maniacal murderer than a damaged girlfriend.

Here's the thing: Clown Harley works great in animation or comics. In Live Action? I don't think it would, especially in something like Suicide Squad. I personally don't mind the roller derby Harley to be perfectly honest. Besides, this is a trailer put together from just the barest of all footage and they don't even bring up her relationship with the Joker in it.

My perspective is that in a universe of bad girls like Ivy, Killer Frost, Katana and etc., Harley stood out as a goofy, fun-loving anti-villain who could be dangerous but was memorable and appealing as how she was originally created. There were dozens of Harley cosplayers at Comic-Con last week, and most of them had variations on the original design that ranged from biker chick to steampunk, so I'm not necessarily demanding she be in her original costume. Just the way she appears in the trailer comes off more like a Burton-esque take where the translation is reminiscent to Catwoman's presentation in Batman Returns or something.

Here's the thing: Clown Harley works great in animation or comics. In Live Action? I don't think it would, especially in something like Suicide Squad. I personally don't mind the roller derby Harley to be perfectly honest. Besides, this is a trailer put together from just the barest of all footage and they don't even bring up her relationship with the Joker in it.

Is this not her in this shot from the trailer? It seems that's who he was talking to at the end and that her love for him is probably more of a Stockholm syndrome type deal.

KHwl0x9.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So, who's the subway train going through near the end? I thought the mysterious big bad (not really Joker) would be Enchantress but that's a dude. Interesting thread on facebook is naming Felix Faust, Blackbriar Thorn and Klarion the Witch Boy. Ike Barinholtz is listed in the cast with no name for his character.