Transformers 3

JackFetch

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can sit down and watch the film and get to the end without wanting to throw the DVD out of the window. The scenes before the Transformers showed up in the first film were crap. But it was fun, mindless fun.

I wanted to have fun with Transformers. I just wanted to sit down and watch a fun action movie where shit blew up. I honestly thought it was boring. A complete chore from start to finish. That's where I gave up on the series.

This is what the description says:

The trailer, which serves as a weapons depot and command center, also converts into a "mech suit" that Optimus Prime shows off when it's time to rumble.

Ah. Well, still, "mech suit" is an inaccurate term. Those are definitely the parts he got from Jetfire in the last movie (apparently re-used to build the trailer), and even in that promo you can see that they're partially merged with him.

They did the same toy selling trick in the last movie. I think they've actually done it with every TF toyline since 2003-ish.

Totally makes sense, Powermaster Optimus Prime did exactly that.

PowermasterOptimusPrime_toy.jpg

I mean, there are holes to pick in this thing but combining with his trailer to become more powerful actually has precedent. Not just any precedent either, this is G1 canon, its how they resurrected prime after this-

300px-Afterdeath-gameoverman.jpg

Totally makes sense, Powermaster Optimus Prime did exactly that.

PowermasterOptimusPrime_toy.jpg

I mean, there are holes to pick in this thing but combining with his trailer to become more powerful actually has precedent. Not just any precedent either, this is G1 canon, its how they resurrected prime after this-

300px-Afterdeath-gameoverman.jpg

I've got that issue. It's horrible.

• 3 weeks later...
The first look at Transformers: Dark of the Moon's Sentinel Prime has arrived, debuting in Empire with scans courtesy of the Transformer World 2005 message boards.

Sentinel Prime is described as "a big brother and mentor to Optimus Prime" and the article also reveals the name of a new character, a Decepticon Ferrari called Dreadbox.

tfempire021.jpg

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/127513-michael-bay-unveils-sentinel-prime

• 1 month later...
Mr. Spock himself, Leonard Nimoy, has joined the film as the voice of Sentinel Prime, the predecessor of Optimus Prime whose wrecked body is seen in the teaser trailer, found crash-landed on the moon by the Apollo 11 astronauts in 1969. Later, after being brought to earth, he takes the disguise form of a fire engine in the movie’s massive, climactic battle through Chicago.

Nimoy was previously the voice of Galvatron in 1986's The Transformers: The Movie.

Michael Bay had wanted to ask him to provide a voice for the second film, "Revenge of the Fallen." "I was too scared to ask him," the director told the magazine. "Plus, he’s married to Susan Bay, who’s a cousin of mine. So I had to be careful. I’ve met him at family functions. But he told me, ‘I would be honored. I’m glad to be back!’"

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/161677-leonard-nimoy-is-the-voice-of-sentinel-prime

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...