Episode 49

RSS

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mechanic holds the lowest score on WFP since Mike realized that the entirety of the plot came from "Batman Returns".

HA! I forgot about that.

But really, The Mechanic has an average score of 3.25, where as The Terrible Trio averages at 0. Also, Mean Seasons comes in at a 1.0. There are even more that are lower than The Mechanic, too.

Guest DCAUFan1051

James it wasn't Welker as Ace it was one of the producers dogs..... I think that it's said in the commentary......excellent episode even though there were audio problems in the beginning. The Fist in Mouth Mike actually adds more comedic greatness to WFP! Thanks for pointing all the edited version stuff out. More thoughts in a bit, as I'm not done yet.

Guest DCAUFan1051
IMDB says it was Welker as both. That's much better than secondhand here-say.

how's it secondhand hearsay?? I specifically remember Bruce Timm saying that Ace was someone's dog barking whether it's in the ROTJ commentary or another BB special feature I know I'm right. imdb says every animal animated is Welker, because (no disrespect to him) that's what he's known for the most in animation other then the Transformers Generation 1 Megatron.

Listened to this right before I was going to sleep last night.

Excellent review, guys, especially with you catching a lot of stuff that I didn't see in watching before. Probably the most interesting part of the review for me was when you covered the flashback with the Joker and Tim, to be as vague as possible. :P

Keep it up! And don't worry, the audio sounded just fine.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Welker "voiced" Ace throughout the whole series, too.

I'm sorry to keep debating the Ace the Dog issue, however in the Rebirth Part 1 Commentary Bruce Timm says at the 15:33 mark the dog was Rob Hargreeves dog, Hargreeves was a sound designer on the show. Now whether that changed over the course of the series and ROTJ at least I know I'm right that it wasn't always Welker.

However just having looked it up on imdb, it does say as you pointed out James that it was Welker throughout the entire series, whether that's imdb's fault I dunno. I'd think that the guy who created the show would know more about it then a "user" created content website (imdb) that's my 5 cents about it and I'm done :D

About 30 minutes were lost. Normally I cut 15 minutes from any given WFP, so an extra 15 minutes isn't all that bad.

Because it was my track that was littered with "fist in mouth syndrome," little comments by me were lost. The only thing that I was really sad to see go was what I said about Joker stabbing Batman in the leg. It's my belief that Joker's attack on Bruce is why he now uses a cane. If you think about it, Bruce's cane is held in his right hand, which means it's his left leg that's weaker. Of course, Bruce was stabbed in that leg. As James pointed out in the now-lost audio, why didn't Bruce have a limp at the beginning of Rebirth? To that I said something like, "Because he had it repaired. However, it was still weak, and over time the injury began to give him problems, hence the cane."

About 30 minutes were lost. Normally I cut 15 minutes from any given WFP, so an extra 15 minutes isn't all that bad.

Because it was my track that was littered with "fist in mouth syndrome," little comments by me were lost. The only thing that I was really sad to see go was what I said about Joker stabbing Batman in the leg. It's my belief that Joker's attack on Bruce is why he now uses a cane. If you think about it, Bruce's cane is held in his right hand, which means it's his left leg that's weaker. Of course, Bruce was stabbed in that leg. As James pointed out in the now-lost audio, why didn't Bruce have a limp at the beginning of Rebirth? To that I said something like, "Because he had it repaired. However, it was still weak, and over time the injury began to give him problems, hence the cane."

I was going to mention something akin to that, but that's waaaaay better than I could have phrased it. And he didn't limp in "Rebirth", because he was in the powered suit, I'd assume it grants some joint support.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Re Ace

I think the barking was done by a real dog and any other noises were done by Frank W. because I think that was how it was meant by BT.

also I think you guys are right about the leg

thanks ben.... that's what I was trying to say.... the barking is a real dog :D

To add to Preston's and Mike's comments: In the Batman Beyond time, we have seen that they have advanced joint replacement technology (See April Moon). Bruce might have had joint replacement surgery sometime between the flashback sequences of Return of The Joker and the present scenes of Return of The Joker.

Maybe after the fight with the original Joker, he had surgery to fix the damage (with Leslie Tompkins's help) using today's surgical technology. As the years go by, there's medical advancements and Bruce takes advantage of those advancements in order to continue his crime fighting crusade. By the time of Rebirth and his retirement, Bruce has the latest in joint replacement technology (again see April Moon). The years after his retirement and the coming of Terry as Batman, he has not gone back to the doctor to maintain his joint, because he no longer has a reason to try and continue to take care of himself as well as he used to (having believed he failed in his mission), hence why he has a limp and a cane.

Something I noticed while watching Batman Beyond was that Bruce's limp became less pronounced over the course of the series, which lead me to believe that because Batman is back thanks to Terry, Bruce had a reason to start taking better care of himself again so that he will be around as long as he can to guide Terry. But because he had ignored his health for so long, there was some permanent damage done to his joint that cannot be corrected, hence why he still has a limp and the need for his trusty cane.

Guest DCAUFan1051
But Bruce doesn't actually limp, does he? I think both his legs are equally strong; he's walked on both feet without the cane before.

yes Bruce does limp, just look at him in out of the past, whether he limps in ROTJ I don't remember.

But Bruce doesn't actually limp, does he? I think both his legs are equally strong; he's walked on both feet without the cane before.

yes Bruce does limp, just look at him in out of the past, whether he limps in ROTJ I don't remember.

Hmm. I guess I was just remembering the times when he held his cane in both hands (to fight off someone) and walked just fine on his two legs.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Hmm. I guess I was just remembering the times when he held his cane in both hands (to fight off someone) and walked just fine on his two legs.

yeah I can see how it could be confusing, seeing as I just watched ROTJ & Rebirth yesterday, I'd say that when Bruce is fighting the jokerz in Rebirth he's holding his own, because he's using upper body strength, and not moving his feet as much. However after he and Terry fend them off he clearly almost falls over. While I'd agree to some extent that throughout the series sometimes it is less pronounced then others, he still limps.

My question is if BB takes places 50 years in the future from whenever now is &

Bruce is 80 at that time, then when does Epilouge take place and how old would he be then? Because in Epilouge Bruce is very much older then in the original series, espcially with taking all the pills and everything.

I'm sure Mike & James will get to this though in time.