Episode 49

RSS

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051
"Epilogue" is fifteen years after Batman Beyond. Terry is pushing the hell out of thirty, and Bruce is 95ish.

oh right I remember that now.... whoops, because it says at the beginning of epilogue that it's 65 years later or something.

imdb says every animal animated is Welker, because (no disrespect to him) that's what he's known for the most in animation other then the Transformers Generation 1 Megatron.

What about Iceman?!? And Flash Thompson?!? Gasp. (My daughter was home with stomach flu this week and wanted to watch Spider-man and his Amazing Friends.) I'd bring up Freddie Jones, too, but Mike, given his HUGE love for Scooby Doo, would probably comment...

In response to the first e-mail, "Spider-Man The Musical" is by no means the first. In the 70s, there was "It's a Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!" which had a run on Broadway and actually aired on ABC. I think that http://www.supermanhomepage.com has one of the songs available for download.

I also remember in the late 80s seeing ads in Marvel Comics featuring Captain America with a cane and top hat doing a tap routine, advertising for a female partner to sing and dance for a proposed Captain America musical.

In 2002, Jim Steinman, who has worked with Meatloaf, and Tim Burton had ben working on a Batman musical. He actually posted some of the demo versions of the songs at the memorial website - http://www.freewebs.com/batman_themusical I'll warn you, though, none of them are as good as "A Superstitious Cowardly Lot". I like to think that they started, then someone showed them "Out Of The Past" and they realized that this just wouldn't work.

Guest DCAUFan1051
It should be noted that in "The Once and Future Thing", Welker does not voice Woof.
yup it was Dee Bradley Baker but melissa joan hart and michael rosenbaum reprise their jokerz :D

My question is if BB takes places 50 years in the future from whenever now is...

It's supposed to be in the year 2039, 40 years after Rebirth's airdate and the end of TNBA/Gotham Knights's run in 1999.

So Bruce would be 39-40 in TNBA, 79-80 in BB, and 94-95 in Epilogue.

Justice League and JLU kinda screw with the timeline a bit since Bruce Timm says that the ROTJ flashback is supposed to take place AFTER JLU, but Robin is clearly too young in that flashback for that to be the case.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I still say they should have added Epilogue even as a bonus episode in the BB DVD sets but basically Epliogue is 15 years after the BB timeline, because it does say something about 65 years or something to that effect.

I've made good on what I said I'd do in my email and bought BTAS season 3 on iTunes. The reason being is that I can get the complete series 1 & 2 + Mask of the Phantasm on Amazon for £23 - which is MORE than what I'm paying over iTunes. That said, there doesn't seem to be any Region 2 DVDs for any full DCAU series beyond season 2 of BTAS on DVD.

On topic: I'll try not to depend on Mike & James remembering every little moment from our reviews tgether when I email in future. And the episode as a whole really served Return of the Joker very well. My hat's off to you gentlemen, as always!

EDIT: Season 3 does mean that I'm now in proud possession of The Terrible Trio!! :D

I just watched RotJ and I was, to be honest, quite underwhelmed. There were episodes of the series I liked a lot more.

I still have to listen to this episode and I'm looking forward to hear what you felllas have to say.

I had the same initial reaction, but it gets much better with repeated viewings. After a while, it'll be your favorite.

I've made good on what I said I'd do in my email and bought BTAS season 3 on iTunes. The reason being is that I can get the complete series 1 & 2 + Mask of the Phantasm on Amazon for £23 - which is MORE than what I'm paying over iTunes. That said, there doesn't seem to be any Region 2 DVDs for any full DCAU series beyond season 2 of BTAS on DVD.

Everything after Volume 2 of BTAS only got single episode releases. They never released anything in volumes after that over here.

I imported mine and their all region 0 so they work on any DVD player.

Anyway enjoyed this, you guys showed your love of the film, but did you guys forget to mention the scene with harleys death and JJ handing her the bazooka?

I thought the animation was better than anything the series achieved. The dialogue was pretty good but not the best. The mystery story was telegraphed and pretty pedestrian if you ask me.

I thought ever bit of action was dull though. Which is partially why I loved this series so much. There was nothing new to the action for me.

I thought the animation was better than anything the series achieved. The dialogue was pretty good but not the best. The mystery story was telegraphed and pretty pedestrian if you ask me.

I thought ever bit of action was dull though. Which is partially why I loved this series so much. There was nothing new to the action for me.

Joker stories in the DCAU weren't known for their great action sequences generally. I mean, among episodes and movies we've already covered, how many Joker stories had memorable action sequences? Mask of the Phantasm, World's Finest and...um...I got nothing else.

I'm saying that if they aren't trying high action, then what are they trying for? If it was a psychological impact, which the Tim angle and Bruce's short gruffness (that's new!) over Joker leads me to believe, then I think they failed miserably.

I also thought that the Joker should have been more different than a haircut and a grittier edge to the voice. IT"S A DIFFERENT PERSON! That made no sense.

I'm not saying it was awful. I just think it came across more like one of the more mediocre episodes than a movie should have been.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I guess I'll add my 5 cents, but how is this joker a different person? He specifically states that he encoded his DNA on a microchip. It's not like it's a clone or something it's the same BTAS joker, just less manic and more sinister and much much darker. I get that you think it could have been better Des, but for what it is it's awesome in it's own right. Plus remember they made it while they were still doing the series, so there really wouldn't be anything different as far as style or animation.

Well, this is Des we are talking about. If the villain of a movie doesn't stalk, torture, or kill at least 10 teenagers, he's not impressed.

Funny.

The Tim thing was cheap and easy and the only time that Joker felt like a viable threat. Even then: you mean Joker "killed" a Robin? Never seen that before!

Couldn't have been that bad if Tim turned out to be alright in the end.

The Joker's "return" in the guise of Tim via DNA is not only confusing but unnecessary when you have the perfect NEW Joker in Tim.