Wolverine

Missy

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must have totally missed the report that said Jackman was going to play Wolverine in X-3.  I'm so freaking pumped!

Most of the cast signed a three movie deal. In the case of Jackman, however, he's always said that he would love to do a standalone Wolverine film on top of the other X flicks.

I don't think they'll do Sabretooth, James. They didn't appear to have any history in the first X-Men movie.

Im doubting they do Yuriko, too, since they kinda pissed Deathstrike away in X-2.

That leaves us with Weapon X and Omega Red. I'm inclined to say Weapon X, since Omega Red would be hard to present in a live-action movie. Though, Omega Red would have to include much of the Weapon X setup anyway, and a Weapon X movie would probably have some appearance of Omega Red, even if it was just a quick brutal fight to demonstrate Wolverine's loyalty to his teammates or something.

• 1 month later...
Lauren Shuler Donner: The plan is to do more of an origin story for Wolverine. The first one. If that’s successful, my deepest desire – I’m not reflecting Fox but you never know – my deepest desire is after the origin story, which David has worked out beautifully, it’s really good – if that works, the second one could be the Mariko, ninja story.

Lauren Shuler Donner: The plan is to do more of an origin story for Wolverine. The first one. If that’s successful, my deepest desire – I’m not reflecting Fox but you never know – my deepest desire is after the origin story, which David has worked out beautifully, it’s really good – if that works, the second one could be the Mariko, ninja story.

Oh, hell yes.

That leaves us with Weapon X and Omega Red.  I'm inclined to say Weapon X, since Omega Red would be hard to present in a live-action movie.

Why? They did well with Dr. Octopus in Spider-Man 2, so it seems they could pull off OR.

My guess is because Omega Red is stupid. They came up with a rather sensible reason for Doc Ock to have the arms, but I cannot even begin to conceive how they would ever translate Omega Red.

If played right, then Omega Red is sympathetic. But why do that? He's supposed to be freakin' lethal and all that jazz. Sure, it creates a better character for the screen...actually nevermind, I like the idea of making him a good character for the screen, because I have to watch the movie and be entertained. Whoops.

• 2 weeks later...