Wolverine

Missy

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that it leads into the first X-Men movie. I'm hoping it ends with him fighting in that bar.

Along the way, Wolverine encounters many mutants, both familiar and new, including surprise appearances by several legends of the X-Men universe.

This makes it sound like a comedy road picture. "Wolverine has many hilarious adventures when he meets up with other wacky mutants".

• 3 weeks later...

Bailey Chase says this in a New Zealand newspaper:

He is also in negotiations for a part in the Hugh Jackman movie Wolverine, which will be filmed in New Zealand.

"It's very confidential and top-secret. I think they're casting under alias names but for now, he's called Mr Yellow.

"He's about 30 years old, a charming southern guy on the surface but he's got some ulterior motives going on underneath. By the end of the film, he's probably not going to be such a nice guy."

http://www.comics2film.com/index.php?a=sto...b=30555#ad_jump

Of course everyone assumes he's talking about Gambit.

• 1 month later...
Superhero Hype! has learned that "Friday Night Lights" star Taylor Kitsch will play Gambit (AKA Remy LeBeau) in director Gavin Hood's X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Kitsch has signed a three-picture deal.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=42147

I wonder if they have specific plans for him, or if they just did a 3 movie deal in case they want to throw him in every X movie coming out in the next decade. Then again, everyone from the first X-Men signed a 3 picture deal, so I'm thinking Wolvie might be turned into a trilogy.

20th Century Fox has cast Black Eyed Peas frontman Will.i.am in his first film role as John Wraith in X-Men: Wolverine.

He'll be joining Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Liev Schreiber (Sabretooth), Danny Huston (William Stryker), Ryan Reynolds (Deadpool), Taylor Kitsch (Gambit) and Lynn Collins (Silver Fox) in the film opening May 1, 2009.

Wraith is a mutant who has the power to teleport, and is another test subject of the Weapon X program that created Wolverine and other mercenaries.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6817

I don't get why Gambit would be in this thing. I fear for him.

I approve the Reynolds casting, although he's the perfect Wally West.

A couple of years ago, I absolutely would have agreed with you. I think Reynolds might be getting a little old to play Wally now, though.