Wolverine

Missy

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit, that was an awesome film, definitely makes up for X3.

I liked how they fit Cyclops in the film, he never actually sees Logan, so them meeting in X-Men makes more sense. Also having Patrick Stewart at the end recruiting Scott and the rest was a nice tie-in with the first film.

The film is about 25 years before the first X-Men film, so there is room for another Wolverine film, let's hope this keeps up if there is a sequel and with the Magneto prequel. Liev Schreiber was awesome as Sabertooth and really gave him a personality that was missing in the first film.

I'm definitely going to the theaters to see the finished product, seeing as this is the workprint version, but thinking of how good this film is, even though its unfinished makes me eager to see it when it is finished.

I liked the film, not enough to go and pay to see it again though when its finished.

The film and characters used did show potential for another Wolverine film to be made, as there is alot more story to be had between Logan and Gambit or Deadpool and both of their developments as mutants as well. Doing another movie between those guys and Sabertooth wouldnt be too hard at all, and the complaints that people have about someone can easily be developed in another movie..... could also be hurt alot but hey lets try and be positive lol

I want to know why Sabertooth went from a smart killer to a huge, hairy, dumb animal. Yes, Cyclops didn't see Logan, but everyone else did and I'm sure they didn't stop talking about the guy with metal claws that let them out of their cages. The Deadpool thing doesn't bother me because I'm pretty sure it was a clone.

All in all I liked it, and I'm glad other people did because I'm sick of all the crying over it.

I guess here's my big thing about it, from what I know of it.

There's introducing characters and giving them proper development within the confines of the plot. And then there's throwing characters on the screen for five minutes tops to give the fanboys something to squee about.

I guess if they're going to introduce characters, I'd rather that they be fully developed instead of fodder thrown on only to please the fans.

I guess if they're going to introduce characters, I'd rather that they be fully developed instead of fodder thrown on only to please the fans.

Well, the way I see it, it's okay as long as their characters aren't screwed up. In X2, we had Colossus, Shadowcat, Siren, and a bunch of other mutants that only got a glimpse of screen time, yet were still totally enjoyable (Colossus' thirty seconds of screen time and one line of dialogue still make me giddy). X3 was the opposite of that, however, with stupidified versions of Angel and the Morlocks. As long as Wolverine goes with X2's example, I'll be happy.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I kind of expect Beak to...you know, have a beak.

That's the thing; he was supposed to be in the film and not have one.

In earlier versions of the script he was just like in the comics, beak and all.

Hmm. I must have been reading reports of a later script, then.

Or it might have been that he only got the beak later in the film.

According to AICN, the leaked version is the final cut of the movie minus effects and score.

Add to that recent reports that the finished version is as long as the leaked workprint, even though FOX stubbornly insists that the workprint is missing the material from the reshoots. It makes sense, too, as the trailers have scenes that are not featured in the workprint (Wolverine carrying his girlfriend to the beach, a young Ororo in Nigeria).

Well, having seen the finished film, the mystery is solved: the workprint version IS in fact identical to the release print, sans effect and some audio work. It's obvious that FOX is trying their darndest to keep this news from getting out, because it will eliminate most of the motivation for people who have seen the workprint to pay for a ticket.

Some scenes from the trailer are not in the finished version, either.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40862