Wolverine

Missy

Except the only one of them that would even have a chance of returning is Grammer as Beast. Ellen Page is likely too big for the role now and they screwed over Alan Cumming.

Even if we lived in a perfect world and all three returned, assuming Wolverine stays out, Cyclops is still a non-entity, leaving Halle fucking Berry as the leader. I'll pass, thank you.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except the only one of them that would even have a chance of returning is Grammer as Beast. Ellen Page is likely too big for the role now and they screwed over Alan Cumming.

Even if we lived in a perfect world and all three returned, assuming Wolverine stays out, Cyclops is still a non-entity, leaving Halle fucking Berry as the leader. I'll pass, thank you.

I think that's the season why they decided to end the story after Last Stand. There is no way they could afford to get everyone back. They had to beg Halle Berry to do it, and she only said yes after they basically made her the lead with Wolverine.

They can easily recast Kitty, they've already done it twice. Colossus would come back, as would Beast, Angel, Iceman and probably rogue. They already have to recast Xavier. Ditch Storm and say Wolverine is on holiday and call it New X-Men or something. It would work just fine. Or you could throw this one together with an eye towards a lot of continuity with the Woverine and Magneto Origins stories. Its a better option than trying to cram a Wolverine sequel into pre-x-men continuity.

Frankly ditching Storm would relieve the franchise and future film plots of a lot of fat that was forced there by Halle Berry's contract. Plus the character has always been shit, and never more so than when being played by my least favorite actress.

They're working on a prequel called Young X-Men, so I doubt they'll produce a sequel called New X-Men. Honestly, though, I'd rather see the further adventures of Colossus, Rogue* and Iceman teaching a new generation of mutants, but Hollywood wants to tell the origin of the X-Men, so that's what we're getting.

I know Rogue took the so-called cure at the end of the third movie, but they could say it wore off. Or she could be a human adviser, sort of like Moira MacTaggert.

Edited by Yoda

They're working on a prequel called Young X-Men, so I doubt they'll produce a sequel called New X-Men. Honestly, though, I'd rather see the further adventures of Colossus, Rogue* and Iceman teaching a new generation of mutants, but Hollywood wants to tell the origin of the X-Men, so that's what we're getting.

I know Rogue took the so-called cure at the end of the third movie, but they could say it wore off. Or she could be a human adviser, sort of like Moira MacTaggert.

It wore off Magneto at the end of the film, so I don't see why not.

Its just so backwards to go back now. Expand the universe, explore the massive list of characters available, that's the best way to do this. Cyclops, Jean and Storm are not the X-men, they are only one tiny fragment. Although it was freakin' stupid to

kill off cyke.

• 2 weeks later...

That trailer looks so...soulless.

Blob looks like the only gay in the village from Little Britain and while I was impressed with Liev Schriever as 'Tooth at first, he looks horrible in this trailer.

Recipe for an awesome Wolverine Origins film? Put him in Japan, give him a sword and throw ninjas at him. Not another film swimming in mutants that no one gives a shit about.

• 3 weeks later...

From aintitcoolnews

Hey everyone -

It's Hugh Jackman, sending this note from freezing Vancouver. I have read a lot of your online comments regarding the footage that we are currently shooting and I share your passion for the Wolverine character and the movie - I owe it all to you guys!

I wanted to reach out and let you know that due to scheduling conflicts with certain cast members and location/weather considerations, we had to wait until now to shoot a couple of scenes. Please rest assured that WOLVERINE will be badass and hopefully meet all of your expectations. I am stoked by the positive response to the teaser, which clearly reflects the tone and scope of the film. If you like that, we've got much more in store!

In the meantime, here's an exclusive shot of some characters you may recognize...

Cheers,

Hugh

hjwolverinebigbp1.th.jpg

Actually I do have a problem with this. Aren't the events of this film supposed to be set in the 70's or 80's? Whats up with the modern fashions? Due to the younger version of Stryker being in the film they obviously are trying to set a date on the story but veryone is dressed like its 2010 in cutting edge fashions and modern hairdos.

No. Because the fangirls demand their pretty Gambit, and by god, we'll give them their pretty Gambit. Also, they hate you, Preston. :P

Are their eyes closed because they're all trying to forget they're in this movie? xD

He's playing Deadpool

Whoops. Thanks for the correction.

Actually I do have a problem with this. Aren't the events of this film supposed to be set in the 70's or 80's? Whats up with the modern fashions? Due to the younger version of Stryker being in the film they obviously are trying to set a date on the story but veryone is dressed like its 2010 in cutting edge fashions and modern hairdos.

This is a pretty good point. The parts where he's fighting various agents of Stryker's look like they're set in a modernish sort of time.

No it takes place in modern times and flashes back throughout history. The modern time is before the first X-Men movie obviously. It's textbook comic book time warping.

Also, almost every movie does re shoots, so that doesn't mean the movie will be delayed.

No it takes place in modern times and flashes back throughout history. The modern time is before the first X-Men movie obviously. It's textbook comic book time warping.

from the wiki-

Set roughly twenty years before X-Men, the film will focus on Wolverine's violent past,[1] and his early encounters with William Stryker (Danny Huston). The Weapon X program and his interactions with other mutants will be explored,[2] including his complex relationship with Sabretooth (Liev Schreiber).[3]

In the first X-men film Xavier states that Wolverine has had his amnesia for over a decade, so no events that could hold clues to his identity could have happened during this time, ergo he can't be fighting Weapon X or any of that stuff just before the events of the first film.. This isn't a film with flashbacks to 20 years earlier, its actually set back then as far as any of the sources I can find have stated.

from the wiki-

Set roughly twenty years before X-Men, the film will focus on Wolverine's violent past,[1] and his early encounters with William Stryker (Danny Huston). The Weapon X program and his interactions with other mutants will be explored,[2] including his complex relationship with Sabretooth (Liev Schreiber).[3]

In the first X-men film Xavier states that Wolverine has had his amnesia for over a decade, so no events that could hold clues to his identity could have happened during this time, ergo he can't be fighting Weapon X or any of that stuff just before the events of the first film.. This isn't a film with flashbacks to 20 years earlier, its actually set back then as far as any of the sources I can find have stated.

You cant use real life time to figure out comic book time. Spider-Man was bit in the 60s but the comic was always set in modern times. This movie is the same way.

The only thing that says 70s is Logan's chops. That military vehicle chasing him is not from the 70s. Nobody is wearing 70s clothes, or has 70s hair. This movie does not take place in the 70s. it takes place in modern times just like the X-Men movies. That doesn't mean 2009. Yes it takes place years before the X-Men movies because some of them are shown in it as kids, but to say it takes place in the 70s is wrong because it doesn't.

I'm in Vancouver at a teacher's conference/drinkfest and met Liev Schriever at an Irish pub.

I asked him what he can tell me about Wolverine and he said: "Nothing except that it's going to kick your ass."

I said "ok."

A comely young lass I work with was like "who is that?" and I responded: Sabretooth.

She says, "You're a geek and Sabretooth is cute."

Fuck I miss Vancouver.

Off to do more drinking. Be back Saturday. You kids be good.