Robocop v The Terminator

Missy

Who...?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Time: 1993 (roughly two years before the events of T2)

Setting: New Detroit

Plot: Sarah is apprehended while attempting to break into an OCP laboratory (which she believes to be in partnership with Cyberdyne), and remanded to a local mental health facility. An eight year old John is placed with foster parents until relatives can be located. (Of course there are none, but the local authorities don't know that.)

Apparently the records of Sarah's arrest and John's placement survived the nuclear strike and resulting war because a T800 is sent back to murder the child. In its search for the boy, the robot crosses the police (after robbing a gun shop). He slaughters them all, and continues on his path. However, before he can take another step, Robocop shows up and all Hell breaks loose.

Alright, let's give this one the ol' CSI treatment. Robocop is a cyborg badass, and the Terminators are just that. They both have their directives that must be followed, and I think that the Terminator's allows for more freedom, while Robocop's are more constrictive. He couldn't destroy the robot, he could really only apprehend it. That means that the Terminator wins, I think.

He couldn't destroy the robot, he could really only apprehend it.  That means that the Terminator wins, I think.

He destroyed ED 209.

Quite. He did destroy ED 209, but that was within reasonable force to uphold the law. Provided that the Terminator doesn't go blasting folks left and right, and endangering random people with automatic gunfire, Robocop could really only attempt to apprehend. When the Terminator resisted arrest enough to allow for destruction, it would probably be too late for Ol' Murphypants.

He couldn't destroy the robot, he could really only apprehend it.  That means that the Terminator wins, I think.

He destroyed ED 209.

Quite. He did destroy ED 209, but that was within reasonable force to uphold the law. Provided that the Terminator doesn't go blasting folks left and right, and endangering random people with automatic gunfire, Robocop could really only attempt to apprehend. When the Terminator resisted arrest enough to allow for destruction, it would probably be too late for Ol' Murphypants.

Read my set-up. I said the T800 killed police officers.

He destroyed ED 209.

Read my set-up. I said the T800 killed police officers.

Whoops. Still, Robocop isn't from whenever the hell in the future the Terminator is. I think the technology is the deciding factor and by that, the Terminator wins. Barely.

For the record, I haven't made up my mind yet. But one advantage Robocop has over everyone else who's ever faced the T800 (in our time I mean) is his gun. That thing is a monster.

Upon watching Robocop, I retract all earlier statements to the contrary. I was about to post something along the lines of what Yoda said, but I was eating dinner (fried shrimp!), and now I have homework to do and a book to read for fun. But that gun would own the hell out of Terminator.

After careful thought, I'm handing this one to Robocop. He might not be as technologically advanced as the T800, but that gun is his saving grace. Once he figured out that it was actually a robot (which would be pretty damn quick), I see Robocop focusing all of his firepower on the head and neck of the T800. It wouldn't be long before the head was destroyed or completely decapitated.

Wait I vaguely remember Terminators only being able to be destroyed by melting them down. Isn't that why they had to lower him into the huge vat of lava type ish right?

He was crippled by an explosion and then crushed in the first film.

• 3 weeks later...