The Phantom on SciFi

JackFetch

Ryan Carnes ("Desperate Housewives," "Dr. Who") plays the title role of The Phantom and his alter ego Chris Walker in the re-imagined version of the classic comic book transported to present day. Isabella Rossellini will guest star in a villainous turn as Lithia, the head of an experimental mind control program. Also starring are Cameron Goodman as Chris Walker's love interest, Renny and Sandrine Holt ("24," "The L Word") as The Phantom's trusted advisor Guran.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=8231

I don't mind updating the suit but that hood is hideous. The classic domino mask is integral to the look of the character and this just resembles it in no way. Aside from anything else this guy is going to have worse peripheral vision problems than a Tim Burton Batman.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Forgive the ignorance, but the only thing I ever remember about this character is the movie that was out a number of years ago. And I don't even remember that. Anyone care to refresh my memory?

Shame on you Jack, its SyFy. I'm all for this show and the purple suit.

It's not SyFy yet. I will hold on as long as I can.

Forgive the ignorance, but the only thing I ever remember about this character is the movie that was out a number of years ago. And I don't even remember that. Anyone care to refresh my memory?

All I really remember is that the mask is handed down the family through generations. That and Kristy Swanson used to be hot.