DSi

JackFetch

I picked up the DSi today. I really like the Wii like interface and all the new upgrades. There are 2 cameras. One on the front, and one on the back. I'm not sure why they decided on two, but it does make it easier to take pictures. There is an SD slot, it plays music, has wifi, and can download games. It has a free browser that I can't use yet, and you get free Nintendo points when you buy a DSi to download games with.

edit: The browser works but no flash. I actually typed this on my DSi.

I picked up the DSi today. I really like the Wii like interface and all the new upgrades. There are 2 cameras. One on the front, and one on the back. I'm not sure why they decided on two, but it does make it easier to take pictures. There is an SD slot, it plays music, has wifi, and can download games. It has a free browser that I can't use yet, and you get free Nintendo points when you buy a DSi to download games with.

edit: The browser works but no flash. I actually typed this on my DSi.

I'd sell my old one and get this one if I could still play guitar hero on tour on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I mean in general.

I know it plays old DS games, was just wondering if their was any specific games that could be actually bought in the store when buying the console.

I mean it doesn't have that one game that you can only play on that, I mean I got my 360 because of Dead Rising as do other people I know, the game being underwhelming besides the point.

I know it plays old DS games, was just wondering if their was any specific games that could be actually bought in the store when buying the console.

I believe that you get something like 1000 Nintendo points for their online store when you purchase the system.

The point of the DSi is really just to be an upgrade to the DS/DS Lite, not to be a "sequel system."

Oh, I get that, I would just like some real justification for paying an extra £50 for it.

Heh. So would I.

I suppose if you can't pay the money for an iPod Touch, the multimedia features are nice.

If they start putting classic GameBoy games on the download service, I just might have to snag it.

• 2 months later...

The DSi is crap. There is no support for GBA and when it wasn't out people were thinking that there would eventually be a DS that will support GB and GBC, but no. So Guitar Hero for DS (which wasn't released that long ago) is no longer supported. I find it cool that there is an SD card and multimedia, but the music format (AAC I believe) that is supported is completely uncommon and the system doesn't support videos. I'd rather it support videos than music. Not many like music on the PSP so I bet most people won't like it on the DSi. Most people like music on smaller devices that fit in your pocket even better and that save energy. Other than the camera, you may as well spend less money just by buying an R4 and sticking it in a DS Lite. One question, Is the DSi lighter (in weight) than the DS Lite?