Secret Six

Delete

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also recommend Birds of Prey: Dead of Winter which features the Six heavily. It's not a neccesary read but it's hella worth it since

we have Harley Quinn joining the Secret Six and anything is better with Harley Quinn

. I think the thing I like most about the Six is

that membership is so fluid. We've had the Secret Six for like 30 odd issues and in that time there have been about 12 members.

• 5 weeks later...

Heck yes! Grab that trade as soon as it comes out! Simone's new villain, Jr., is SICK! And gotta tip your hat to Ms. Simone for doing something the rest of DC is too scared too...

creating a great character and then killing it to help the story.

Is this a joke? Seriously...

That is the worst recommendation I have ever read in my life.

...I'd say to pick it up because Simone's a consistently good writer (or at least from what I've seen, which has mostly been her Secret Six run), and the art's good.

Ooh. Admittedly, I don't know a lot about Ostrander, except that he was almost going blind and Comix 4 Sight was a fundraiser that Simone was leading to help pay for his medical bills, but from the interview, I'm eager to see what he'll do.

Just wanted to really thank this thread for getting me into Secret Six. I have read and loved issues #10 and #11! And now that

Wonder woman is in the story

, the story gets even better. I have loved this so much that I bought the mini series trade. And I'm looking for back issues of #1 to 9. Thank you Secret Six thread!

Just wanted to really thank this thread for getting me into Secret Six. I have read and loved issues #10 and #11! And now that

Wonder woman is in the story

, the story gets even better. I have loved this so much that I bought the mini series trade. And I'm looking for back issues of #1 to 9. Thank you Secret Six thread!

Glad we could introduce you.

Issue #12...HOLY CRAP ALL KINDS OF AWESOME!

I just received Villains United and Secret Six: Six Degrees Of Devastation. I'v only read Villains United, it's just amazing. I got each book on Amazon brand new with free shipping for only $10. While at a store they would be $13 or $15, then a tiny bit more with tax. Amazon is awesome, I wasn't buying trades before on it, but now I am. If you want to buy trade paperbacks that are normally like $13 or $15, I really suggest Amazon cause you can get many of them for like %30 off and with free shipping. Well enough about Amazon, more about Villains United. This book is not necessarily just a book that is a must have for people that want to start getting into Secret Six, but it is also definitely a must have for people who like comic books in general, DC Comics, the villains in the DC Universe, and people who like the Secret Six. Though it's mostly centered around the Secret Six, you still get a lot of Lex Luthor, the Calculator, Talia Al Ghul, Deathstroke, and so many other villains. there aren't many books out there with this many villains in the story. Also, don't look at this book and say, "Oh, just another one of those books preparing you for a Crisis.", it's way better than that. I think it's too good to be part of that "Countdown To Infinite Crisis".

I can't wait to read Secret Six: Six Degrees Of Devastation!

• 4 weeks later...