The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, here's my options for the next few months-

1) Boring office sales job. Probably lowish wage, but if it continued past Christmas I could build experience and try for something I actually want to do.

2) Go back to my old job as a site worker, which will be cold, wet miserable and involve living out of hotels a lot and falling back into what I've been trying to escape since 2009, but the pay is likely to be triple what I'd make elsewhere. Plus with business picking up on that front it'd be solid for as long as I need it.

So basically, I'm very likely to have a job sometime soon, but be filled with regret one way or another.

Warning: Fantasy Football Rant Ahead.

I created the term 'McNabbed' a few years ago. Basically, I draft a QB and he will, at some point, get injured early in a game and I will lose. Happened 3 out of 4 years with McNabb and the other year I had Tom Brady when he breaks his leg. McNabbed has been used by us in the league ever since: 'Man, you got McNabbed' and such. Today, we are all having a back and forth about the exact rules for someone to be McNabbed. And I, as the creator, clearly defined the term.

And on MNF, Aaron frickin' Rodgers McNabbed me. I've been fucking McNabbed. I think this was some sort of Candy Man situation, that I typed McNabbed too many times and invoked the curse of the fantasy gods.

I would do factory work again before retail, and I spent my last two years in retail as security. Retail is the dregs. Thank Zombie Jesus I managed to talk my ass into a chef job.

On topic, I lost my fucking wallet today, thankfully it happens to be at the same retail outlet where I used to work, so my old boss is checking cameras as we speak.

• 2 weeks later...

One thursday night I went to the nearby laundromat, Since this is the same road that goes into the heart of Little Havana the place was showing Telenovelas (Latin American Soap operas). Here was the dialogue between two ladies (translated for your convenience).

lady 1: Oh these Telenovelas are so stupid!

lady 2: yes they are!

lady 1: they are so dumb!

lady 2: they are just silly!

I decided to chime in and shared a pattern I noticed. I saw that no matter how rich or poor, clean or dirty, intelligent or stupid, nice or mean the man. The lady always ends up with the guy that has the largest chin (I call it the Bruce Campbell effect). They looked at me as if I just insulted their sacred texts.

If they were truthful about liking telenovelas I would have kept my mouth shut.

I almost clocked a scrawny kid in a fez for doing the Master-style four knocks on the door of the toilet stall I was in at the cinema last night. He also later squeezed right past me and Chris to get his ticket checked first, despite there being no hurry and only the smallest queue. He fucking knew I was pissed too, the little twat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, you idiotic bint of a co-worker, with your own name tatooed upon your foot in case you actually forget your own name - your 2 year, 2 month year old daughter does NOT need a tablet. I'm shocked enough that other co-workers are getting tablets for their 8, 6 and 4 year olds, but TWO?!?

I appreciate that kids need to be weened onto technology early nowadays, but I'm so much of a pedantic Luddite that I think toddlers should read a few books before they're introduced to a Kindle, and that looms should be smashed and burned.

Time for a classic Austen stupid and cryptic moan.

It's horrible to realise, you are doing something, or maybe not doing something, that could possibly hurt someone, when previously, this person did not offer the same courtesy to you, when the roles were reversed, and rather than show some common decency, they basically told you to go away.

Ok, so when some of our guys fuck up a groundworks job and have to go back to it, I offer to help free of charge because it's in Bristol and I'm a really fucking nice guy. So I show up at 8:30am this morning in my work gear. 45 minutes later I make a call to our yet to show up site guys who say "Oh yeah, we changed that to Sunday morning and forgot to call you".

FUCK RIGHT OFF. I was fucking doing this for nothing just because I'm a fucking standup guy, I had no obligation to be there on ANY level beyond a desire to help correct their BASIC INCOMPETENCE. Instead they switch the date behind the back of our office and I'm stood in a car park for the best part of an hour because they can't be arsed to send me a text. Fuck em, I'm not bothering with tomorrow.

Fucks sake.

• 4 weeks later...

You know that thing where someone else makes a mistake that costs you four hours of your day, meaning that instead of finishing work and driving home 300 miles to get back that evening, you wind up doing most of your driving past midnight, hitting all the motorway closure maintenance diversions and only get home at 3am. Y'know, that thing.

Fuck people who do what they think they should do, not what I tell them they should do.