The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And my aunt us back to Facebook reposting bullshit like "Christmas for Christians!" again. 

She married a Muslim! My other aunts significant other of over 26 years is Jewish. Im athiest We all come together at Christmas (at her house) without a fucking WORD about Jesus all day, no grace, nothing. She doesnt go to church but for weddings and funerals. 

But Christmas is for Christians, and (I quote the rant she reposted) "if you're non-christian why are you even celebrating Christmas?"

Argh! I like her and I see her almost every week to help her out with chores and run errends for her but good god her being on Facebook has unveiled her ugly side. 

Like when she complains about immigrants but her husband is turkish and their second home is in Turkey. Oh no, someone from eastern Europe might come and take a: the job she was pensioned off from for health reasons or b: her husbands job of being a self employed cab driver? 

I know everyone here probably has worse but it really irks me especially when the rest of my family is so reasonable.

So I'm going to be in Boston next month, as part of my Revenge Tour in which I hunt down and kill those responsible for Episode 800, and I thought one of the non-murderous things to add to my itinerary would be some live ice hockey, even if I don't support the Bruins.

They're playing away on both fixtures during my stay. This is as unacceptable as mass tea destruction, Tom Brady and Bostonian accents.

How long do I have to wait until I can yell at someone for having a cough?  I'll concede that it is not necessarily something one can control, but a cough is something they make pills & syrups for.  I'm sure the internet has a bunch of old fashioned home remedies if modern medicine is not your bag.  But for the love of all that is, do something.

Note: This is day 15 of this shit.

So I was at work, catapulting slingshot monkeys when, around 8:00 the recoil mechanism broke and I traced it to a broken spring. It was a piece that we did not have on hand because a broken spring is something that normal people don't have to tackle. I was annoyed at myself but then realized it could have been worse. Coily could have materialized out of nowhere and shouted "Nooooo Springs!!!!!" and then laughs as he de materializes. 

• 1 month later...

I quit gluten for a couple of weeks and then went back on today as a test to see if I really had an allergy. Asthma, slightly swollen tongue, instant cold. It's not crippling but fuck, I love sandwiches and pizza and gluten free shit tastes like sand. I did not need this faddy problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The museum I volunteer at is releasing me. My last day's tomorrow. 

I've been there too long anyway, but having something to do took some of the sting out of unemployment.

As an employee and former employee of two museums I would like to say "Thank You". You may not realize it but volunteerrs are what makes museums affordable to the public and they motivate employees to be better.

Seriously upset at the lack of muffins over here. I have since come home, eaten dinner and had three chocolate chip cookies, but I can't. Stop. Thinking. About. Those. Muffins.

Thanks to Mike, I read that in Frank Costanza's voice. 

...It was wonderful. 

Seriously upset at the lack of muffins over here. I have since come home, eaten dinner and had three chocolate chip cookies, but I can't. Stop. Thinking. About. Those. Muffins.

Thanks to Mike, I read that in Frank Costanza's voice. 

...It was wonderful. 

when-i-see-an-original-funny-meme-these-

• 2 weeks later...

No, sure, full grown adult coworker. By all means, have a 20 minute personal conversation on your cell phone walking back and forth outside the door of my classroom when I have students in the room. At least you're not bothering the students in YOUR room right?

giphy.gif