The minor annoyances thread

Missy

Provide daycare subsidies and get people working for their handout. .

This gets abused badly here in Chicago. There are people getting checks for watching kids they've never spent 10 minutes with. They simply have to give the parents a cut.

Ah, but if it is with a registered organization, shit will hit the fan and child endangerment charges will be laid if that gets abused.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Provide daycare subsidies and get people working for their handout. .

This gets abused badly here in Chicago. There are people getting checks for watching kids they've never spent 10 minutes with. They simply have to give the parents a cut.

Ah, but if it is with a registered organization, shit will hit the fan and child endangerment charges will be laid if that gets abused.

It is organized, and you'd think so, but no. Not as quickly/often as it should.

DCFS (Department of Child and Family Services) is an overburdened joke here.

It is organized, and you'd think so, but no. Not as quickly/often as it should.

DCFS (Department of Child and Family Services) is an overburdened joke here.

Our countries are differing again. Ours is pretty good except for how shitty our MCFD (Ministry of Child and Family Development) workers are treated. My next door neighbour is a social worker who is literally having her emotional state falling apart at the seams because of the shit she does in her job without any support.

Brutal.

The guy beside me wanted to show students a youtube video of our local candidates in the provincial elections and then asked how to do it:

me: "You just go to youtube.com-"

him: "No! I don't want you to tell me. I just don't get that stuff."

me: "It works like Google."

him: "Oh, well you should have just said that."

me: "I did. Just now."

Four months ago I booked tickets for a wrestling supershow featuring stars from Japan and a 2/3 falls match between Paul London & Bryan Danielson, a rematch of one of my favorite matches ever from about 6 years ago. The show then got cancelled but the moved the main event to a UK promotion show, which meant no Japanese guys but still a decent card.

Went to the show last night. Due to developments earlier this week we got no Paul London, and one half of the big tag match didn't show either. It was a good show with some fine wrestling but damn it, it really wasn't what I paid for. If I'd known the final card before I'd paid for it I wouldn't have bothered, simply because it was on the opposite coast of the damn country.

Fortunatly the company responsible did its bit and I've got free tickets to their July show.