The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, one of the TGWTG personalities. Care to tell us which one?

Nope, although she has had several TGWTG producers on her podcast. Also, Cleolinda Jones. Also, guess who's moving to New Orleans in 2 weeks? This guy.

I'm guessing that's not an annoyance!!

On that note though, I am having to start looking for alternative accomodation after my relative has enquired about how my search for new premises is going. Our arrangement of 3-4 weeks has become 3-4 months and I don't want to abuse the guy's hospitality any more now that he's actively made noises about my future plans. For that reason, I'm not annoyed at the concept of moving, it's more the reality of moving my stuff to a new place and having to pay for things again that will be a drag. Still, growing up & taking responsibility for yourself is a good thing, I guess.

I wish my housemates parents would stop parking in the damn driveway. They park in there and block me in, they park in there and block me out, and they're here almost every day, it's hugely irritating. I get that due to where we live you have to either park down the lane on the street or down the other end of the house by the garage. So they should do that, instead of constantly getting in my way. Our house has one car, it's mine and as such I should be able to park next to the damn house, it's just much more secure at night around here.

They're astonishingly nice people, and always willing to move but still, if they weren't in the way they wouldn't have to offer.

The alternator & battery in my car died, so I had to spend $600 replacing it today. That's just about how much I was getting paid to do a job over the last month and a half, so I basically just worked a month and a half for nothing.

Also, I'm extremely sick for no apparent reason, to the point where I'm basically confined to my bed because if I get up and move too much, my head will pound its own brains out.

My vacuum just decided to break. This means that I either have to buy a new fuse for it, which I'm hoping for. Or have to buy the fucking property owner a new vacuum, which will be shite.

New fuse came. However I decided to check the vacuum before making the changes, and it was working fine. I've kept the fuses in case something happens for real in the future.

The girlfriend I broke up with nearly 18 months ago, was a big Adele fan. I bought her the CD when it was out and she used to belt it out all the time. Unfortunately our commercial radio station has only just discovered Adele, so now I'm having very sad flashbacks all week whenever I hear it. *sigh*

I have about twenty minutes until I leave for the dentist. I have a feeling this will be a very bad day.

Among other things, the dentist gave me a nice quote that starts with a 4 and is followed by a comma. Now is only I had that kind of cash laying around. Fun day all around.

The girlfriend I broke up with nearly 18 months ago, was a big Adele fan. I bought her the CD when it was out and she used to belt it out all the time. Unfortunately our commercial radio station has only just discovered Adele, so now I'm having very sad flashbacks all week whenever I hear it. *sigh*

I get sad when I hear Adele music too, although that's for a completely different reason.

But I know what you mean - I found it very difficult to listen to Fleetwood Mac for the longest time, especially given that broken/failing relationships are often the theme of their hits.

I have about twenty minutes until I leave for the dentist. I have a feeling this will be a very bad day.

Among other things, the dentist gave me a nice quote that starts with a 4 and is followed by a comma. Now is only I had that kind of cash laying around. Fun day all around.

Been there. Those times suck.

So, one of the TGWTG personalities. Care to tell us which one?

Nope, although she has had several TGWTG producers on her podcast. Also, Cleolinda Jones. Also, guess who's moving to New Orleans in 2 weeks? This guy.

I'm guessing that's not an annoyance!!

On that note though, I am having to start looking for alternative accomodation after my relative has enquired about how my search for new premises is going. Our arrangement of 3-4 weeks has become 3-4 months and I don't want to abuse the guy's hospitality any more now that he's actively made noises about my future plans. For that reason, I'm not annoyed at the concept of moving, it's more the reality of moving my stuff to a new place and having to pay for things again that will be a drag. Still, growing up & taking responsibility for yourself is a good thing, I guess.

The relative has now told me that I apparently said I'd be moving out this weekend. This is news to me, but I don't have much choice so my weekend is now becoming "hurriedly-pack-up" whilst I'm not doing my pre-arranged volunteering. I do have a halfway house ahead of my room viewings next week, but I'm hoping that won't be for too long.

So, one of the groups on campus is doing a fundraising for Reading is Fundamental on campus. This is a very well meaning thing.

However, the way they've chosen to do it is by blasting Hanson's Mmm-Bop outside the Campus Center until they reach $500.

The campus center is right outside of my dorm. I have been listening to Mmm-Bop on repeat since about 9:30 this morning. I cannot drown it out.

It's very possible I may murder them by the end of the day.

Just went to see Daniel Kitson, which was great, but I wound up being extremely stressed for most of it because of the setup. It was a comedy story set (divergent form of stand up) that was being recorded for DVD, and they'd set up the room with banked seating on four sides and the floor in the middle for the performer. There were 8 cameras and due to wanting to sit together my group had to be on the far side from the exit door. It was a 90 minute set with no breaks in a very hot cramped room, and honestly I felt massively claustrophobic and trapped, knowing full well if I left it would actually interrupt the show mid recording because I'd have to walk within 2m of the guy whilst he's performing. He was good enough to take my mind off this for about half the show, but the other half was deeply unpleasant and about as close as I've come to having a full-blown panic attack.

I don't think he's the villain from an 80s action movie so much as the villian from an 80s teen comedy. Like, he's the guy who wants to bulldoze the gang's hangout, and the ragtag band of lovable misfits has until midnight to find the deed.

Took my bike in for a service on monday and they charged me £30, £20 for the service package and another £10 for a couple of parts, which I was fine with. Took it out for a ride today and after about 10 miles I noticed the mudguards were moving around quite a bit, there were bolts missing on the front and back so they weren't fully in place. Then on the way back about 4 miles from home the goddamn pedal fell off. Couple of friendly passing cyclists offered to help me out but I passed, preferring to walk it home myself as some sort of catharsis for my rage. I mean for fucks sake, if that had happened 6 miles earlier I'd have been in a neighbouring city and facing either a 10 mile walk home or having to call someone to come pick me up. The damn pedal couldn't be reattached without tools, and whilst I carry a few with me I had nothing for this. The whole thing was a massive pain in the ass.