The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is your mom opening up your bank statement?

A) My bank account address is that of the Fort Wilson family home, instead of where I live.

B) My parents are both accountants and take an unhealthy interest in my finances.

C) I owe my parents money.

D) My mother is an avowed tee-totaller. My dad isn't, and as such, I don't count on him to turn on the waterworks.

I have enough in my charm reserves to smooth this over, but unless my promotion doesn't come to fruition in time to address my MA repayments, I'll know to take better care of my finances and, most impotantly, switch to paperless billing....

Also, sorry to hear of your news Hannah.

Well, one of the UW LTEs already emailed me back. Admittedly, it was to forward it to the supervisor I'd be working under, but that has to be a first hurdle of sorts, right?

And I have Toppers near me at least. Decent pay, and half off food. If I hit rock bottom, that will at least take me. xD

Trips to the dentist are no longer fun now that my old dentist has retired. The new one not only sent me to the hygienist (big metal hooks scraping between your gums like they're trying to lever the enamel from your head) but also arranged for my first filling in about 15 years. Drill + teeth = my least favourite thing. Plus she told me I'd need my wisdom teeth out at some point. So I've got that hanging over my head.

A few days ago I finally started to watch Veronica Mars and today of all days Netflix decided to remove it from Instant Watch. I just want to finish the last four episodes of season 1, is that so much to ask?

A few days ago I finally started to watch Veronica Mars and today of all days Netflix decided to remove it from Instant Watch. I just want to finish the last four episodes of season 1, is that so much to ask?

Google "Watch Veronica Mars season 1 free" and I'm sure you'll be ok.

The Canada Day camping fiasco:

We get there (about an hour and a half away), unload the car, set up the tent after cracking a beer and finally sit down to relax.

Megan takes the boys to the bathroom and Cade, having never used an outhouse during the daytime, took a look down the hole. Well, his glasses (his $450 glasses) were kind of loose and they fell into the literal shithole.

Maintenance guy got them out with a rake and we put them ina baggie over night.

The boys are calling the maintenance guy a hero (rightfully so, I was ready to buy another pair of glasses) as well as calling him Dr. Shaun. Which, I'm sure, impresses our friend (and Cade's eye doctor) Dr. Shaun. I tried to explain to Cade that he is indeed a hero, but I doubt he's a doctor. Most people go through medical school for the sole purpose of not having to fish through human waste witha rake.

Not to mention the constant rain.

So, we're home from camping two days early.

I'm voluntarily taking a credit in summer school to free up some space for more courses on my schedule next year, but when most people hear summer school, they think "failure" and not "good student". Plus it's an hour and a half by bus, so that kinda sucks. It'll be done in four weeks, so I'll have August all to myself, which is pretty good. Plus, with the purchase of a July bus pass, I got a coupon for a discount at Canada's Wonderland. Well, would you look at that. My annoyance has turned into a good thing... Huh.

I'm feeling pretty directionless and depressed. I need to find something constructive to do with my summer beyond watching movies and the occasional day of work. I need to get out there and exercise, I need to do some research about what I'm going to do after my last year of uni. I need to have a little more fun with my life.

Or see, there's this cheaper thing called alcohol.

Meh, I was off booze for a long while then I had a couple of small beers today and my mood just completely collapsed. Even delved hard into the comfort food, pizza and ice cream. I think I'll just get back to my usual routine, plenty of walking and a decent diet, it usually lifts my mood to feel a bit healthier.

I've heard good things about methanphetamines, Tom.

Could be fun, I'll look into acquiring some. Anyone know any drug dealers in Bristol?

You're pretty much the only Bristolian I know/risk being associated with.

But yes, alcohol isn't the answer (unless you're me, and you clearly aren't). Definitely exercise and definitely plan out your career options - being around your pals is always a good morale booster too.

I've heard good things about methanphetamines, Tom.

Could be fun, I'll look into acquiring some. Anyone know any drug dealers in Bristol?

You're pretty much the only Bristolian I know/risk being associated with.

But yes, alcohol isn't the answer (unless you're me, and you clearly aren't). Definitely exercise and definitely plan out your career options - being around your pals is always a good morale booster too.

Funny thing you guys should mention meth. I just learned the other day that a meth lab got bust two blocks from my hous.