The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the worst feeling?

Being broke and craving half of the food pyramid, only to open the cabinet and see those spicy Japanese noodles that you bought a month ago.

My kingdom for a turkey burger.

Its been a morning. I missed my first bus by a half a minute, but managed to catch another one that got me to the stop where it changed over to the bus I take to work right on time. I come off the one bus and was running towards the other bus to catch it, in full view of the bus' mirrors. I was well within the bus' arrival time. The driver took off, and it took the other bus drivers laying on their horns at him to get him to stop past the interaction. Once on the bus, he was incredibly rude to me, and later on in the ride, yelled at another woman who was mistaken about a stop. I don't know if he was having a bad day or something, but wow.

You know what's shit? Living in a shithole.

You know what's worse? Living in that shithole and paying a fortune in rent and other things.

You know what's worse than that? Living in said shithole, paying all those bills, and being told "Yeah, you're likely going to be here for another year at least....because I don't feel like moving. And because you feel some loyalty to me, tough shit. Deal with it."

Also, if this person, doesn't do what they've promised to do, I swear to fucking Christ, I am walking out of this place, and never looking back.

Sir, I did not wake up this morning and unilterally make the decision to take $30 million in assets away from you. If you are upset, as I'm sure you must be, you can feel free to take it out on the person who signed the order to do so, and not on the guy who happened to answer his phone when you decided to go berserk.

I love my job and I'm happy to have it.

I'm trying to fill out my FAFSA but it seems like every fucking browser I have (and the ones I don't) are incompatible with the website. It looks like I'm going to have to upgrade to Windows 7 in order to have one because none of the current browsers seem to work in combination with Vista. UGH!

Edited to add: Got it filled out. WOOOOO!

Edited by dc20willsave

Sir, I did not wake up this morning and unilterally make the decision to take $30 million in assets away from you. If you are upset, as I'm sure you must be, you can feel free to take it out on the person who signed the order to do so, and not on the guy who happened to answer his phone when you decided to go berserk.

I love my job and I'm happy to have it.

Funny you word it that way, thinking of people in that way has made me a much calmer person, like tenfold. People don't wake up in the morning to deliberately make my personal day more difficult, so I just cut most people some slack.

$30 million?

I am really getting tired of being told I cannot have an opinion/my opinion is invalid because I haven't done things. Yeah, I have never played a professional sport, made a movie or written a book. That in no way invalidates my ability to have a opinion on things.

Also, after you tell me this, you cannot tell me how the movie you just saw was and you cannot yell at the TV because a baseball manager made a bad call. Because, you know, I missed your MLB career.

Asshat.

I am really getting tired of being told I cannot have an opinion/my opinion is invalid because I haven't done things. Yeah, I have never played a professional sport, made a movie or written a book. That in no way invalidates my ability to have a opinion on things.

Also, after you tell me this, you cannot tell me how the movie you just saw was and you cannot yell at the TV because a baseball manager made a bad call. Because, you know, I missed your MLB career.

Asshat.

Refer them to this:

Really an incredibly minor annoyance as these things go, but I really do wish that the roommate hadn't taken the wireless router with him tonight, especially when there are three of us who are now going to have to duke it out for the wired connection any given night.

Being away for work for 8 of the last 10 days has really fucked me up, both time-wise and physically. It's a Tuesday but it feels like a Friday. Plus my housemates have mentioned something to do with out landlord (who is trying to sell our house) but don't want to tell me about it until the kids are asleep, making my first few hours at home less relaxing and more a constant attempt to deflect the worry balling up at the pit of my stomach. They said it's nothing that can't wait but I don't wait well.

Really an incredibly minor annoyance as these things go, but I really do wish that the roommate hadn't taken the wireless router with him tonight, especially when there are three of us who are now going to have to duke it out for the wired connection any given night.

I don't know how fast it would be, but if you plug it into your mac, you can (very easily) make your mac a wireless router via the system preferences.