The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. I like my job most days. However, job should really keep this in mind:

-When we are doing something we have not done training on for a week, and then add the stipulation that this needs to be timed, this is going to make us semi-non-functional at anything else for at least a part of an hour, because you have to be in a very specific mindset to do this, and especially timing how fast you do it.

-PLEASE BE CONSISTENT THE FIRST TIME. Twice now on this one thing in the last day, we've been told by our trainer oh, btw, you're doing this wrong because I forgot to tell you xyz, which messes up everyones' days.

-People on the other side of the cubicles: Please, please do what you're supposed to do so we don't get peoples' very important paperwork/checks bouncing around because you forgot to say that there was an address change and thus we've been sending it to the wrong addresses for the better part of the month, or you put the wrong type of work out sometime last week and it only just now got corrected and it makes us look incompetent.

-People on the other side of the cubicles: Please, please do what you're supposed to do so we don't get peoples' very important paperwork/checks bouncing around because you forgot to say that there was an address change and thus we've been sending it to the wrong addresses for the better part of the month, or you put the wrong type of work out sometime last week and it only just now got corrected and it makes us look incompetent.

Welcome to life in an office.

Relying on other people to do their job properly so you can do yours, is on of the worst things about growing up.

I totally thought this post was about parenting until I scrolled up a bit.

A moment in the life of Damien.

Damien meets a lady.

Said lady seems intelligent, well-adjusted, and quite easy on the eyes.

Damien spends a certain amount of time with the lady, be it weeks, maybe even months, trying to court her.

A point is reached where it appears the lady is ready to step up to the booth and buy a season pass to Dubs Land.

Shortly before this moment, it's revealed to Damien that the lady has a boyfriend/has several boyfriends/has a girlfriend/thinks she's a vampire/thinks everyone but her is a vampire/thinks lizard aliens run the world via shadow government/is a drug dealer/has a vomit fetish/is an extreme racist/lives with people that play strip Yahtzee/ is a compulsive liar that just made up everything she's told him the past few months.

Damien punches a wall and swears he'll never fall into this trap again.

This has been a moment in the life of Damien.

A moment in the life of Damien.

Damien meets a lady.

Said lady seems intelligent, well-adjusted, and quite easy on the eyes.

Damien spends a certain amount of time with the lady, be it weeks, maybe even months, trying to court her.

A point is reached where it appears the lady is ready to step up to the booth and buy a season pass to Dubs Land.

Shortly before this moment, it's revealed to Damien that the lady has a boyfriend/has several boyfriends/has a girlfriend/thinks she's a vampire/thinks everyone but her is a vampire/thinks lizard aliens run the world via shadow government/is a drug dealer/has a vomit fetish/is an extreme racist/lives with people that play strip Yahtzee/ is a compulsive liar that just made up everything she's told him the past few months.

Damien punches a wall and swears he'll never fall into this trap again.

This has been a moment in the life of Damien.

exactly how many times has the strip yatzee thing happened?

Used some of the money from my eBay sales to get a fancy new graphics card.

Fancy new graphics card is too big to fit in my case.

Fancy new graphics card needs an adapter to hook up to my monitor.

Fancy new graphics card is now for sale.

Umm, yeah, roommate? I know you have this entire unearned sense of superiority and all but learn what quantifiers are. If you ask if you can have "a" Dr. Pepper, it does not mean multiple. "A" means singular and, if you want more than one, ask for each subsequent one. Realize that there are other people in this world than you and that the rest of us are not here just to help you along your path.

Umm, yeah, roommate? I know you have this entire unearned sense of superiority and all but learn what quantifiers are. If you ask if you can have "a" Dr. Pepper, it does not mean multiple. "A" means singular and, if you want more than one, ask for each subsequent one. Realize that there are other people in this world than you and that the rest of us are not here just to help you along your path.

Damn. Now I want a Dr Pepper. Ask him if they taste sweeter stolen.

What's the worst that could happen?

Things that are happening on and around Oct 21st-22nd are conspiring to screw me over.

Dragon Gate Pro Wrestling in London and Nottingham. Already have tickets, hotels etc, super-psyched to go, the last few DG shows were the best I've ever seen. Since then they've booked a comic book convention in bristol, which is a pain but given the choice it's Dragon Gate. Now I've found out that on Friday night as part of a limited series of shows Ash (with former guitarist Charlotte Hatherley) are performing a special Free All Angels tour to promote an upcoming greatest hits album. 6 shows, one of them is in Bristol on a night I can't possibly attend.

So now I'm looking at travelling up to Birmingham or over to London to see one of these six shows in a week I'm already going all over the country, AND I've got lectures on those days. What next, I'm going to be going out the door on the 21st and Jessica Alba is going to be there asking me to go lingerie shopping with her?

I have them all on DVD-Rs, so now it's a matter of transferring the files and / or re-ripping DVDs. It'll take a lot of time, but that's fine. Some of the files I had on the original TARDIS were corrupted, whereas the DVD files are fine, so now I'll have clean AVI files once more.

Plus, right now, I only have to focus on Davison. So as long as I do those, I can take my time with the previous four Doctors.