The minor annoyances thread

Missy

When you bring up me coming down to see you and your kids at some point, and I say "Whenever you want me to come down" and you respond "The end of August" and I make plans to come down to see you and my nephews at that time, at your fucking request, do not wait till the last minute to tell my mum to tell me "He's going to have to postpone." This is why I don't say "Can I come visit you?" Because not only will it be incredibly awkward when you say no, it is also incredibly bullshit to try and get my hopes up just so's you can feel good about "Making the effort" It'd be nicer if you didn't bother in the first place.

On a totally different note: Having a cold is never fun.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my boss- You know what, no, you didn't tell me I was working tomorrow. If I knew that I'd have packed a bag because I'd know I'd be away from home for 5 straight nights instead of just four starting Saturday.

I'll do it because I'm gonna need the money, but I'm pretty pissed about it, especially since I spent the last three days working out of the office on top of that. 8 straight days of work is hardly ideal for me right now.

To my boss- You know what, no, you didn't tell me I was working tomorrow. If I knew that I'd have packed a bag because I'd know I'd be away from home for 5 straight nights instead of just four starting Saturday.

I'll do it because I'm gonna need the money, but I'm pretty pissed about it, especially since I spent the last three days working out of the office on top of that. 8 straight days of work is hardly ideal for me right now.

Nobody said life as a stripagram was going to be easy.

Urgh. Wound up coming back to Bristol to complete a 15 hour day by picking up equipment nobody had remembered to bring, including myself. Back to London in the morning.

I'm not even supposed to be here today! (because I know how much Mike loves Dante, who I'm basically turning into)

This week at work, we are doing back to school vouchers. People are allotted a certain amount of money to spend on kids clothes, shoes, socks & underwear. You'd figure that these people would be grateful for this. Nope. They are in fact some of the most entitled assholes ever. Not to mention that most have 3+ kids that they just let lose on the store. I even heard one of them complain about an add-on promotion that would give most of them a $25 gift card for doing nothing extra.

Dear Mr. Ebay Seller Person,

I realize TECHNICALLY you did not promise that the item I purchased was in mint condition and included everything the item is supposed to have.

I also know that at the price I purchased said item, I probably should have realized it was not going to be 100% perfect.

I cannot therefore, in good faith, leave negative feedback.

However, I'm thinking negative feedback really, really hard at you.

Me: Dear Verizon, I'm writing you an email because I'm tired of calling you. Send someone to my place to fix this. Don't respond with "call us" I've already called you. Again, I need you to offer me a solution that will involve you shutting the fuck up and sending someone to my place.

Verizon: Thanks for your email! Have you tried our tech support number?

Me:

stress-headaches.jpg

Dear every other department in my company:

I have the exact same system you do. If you can't find a guy on your system, I will not be able to find the guy on my system, BECAUSE THEY ARE, IN FACT, THE SAME SYSTEM.

I do not have magic powers to make him appear, nor am I hiding him for my own amusement.

Please stop calling.

Dear Printing Department who just really fucked up a mailing and because of that is only sending things out now, instead of Monday, which now puts us three days behind on something that due to SEC mandate we have sixty days maximum to do, which now gives us nothing to do for the rest of the workweek, and will potentially put us behind by a damn week when all of this is done:

Here is a bag of dicks. Eat them. All of them.

Incompetent coworker making my life harder because of your numerous fuckups, which I then have to straighten out, have at them too.

Have the parents gotten involved yet? When and if they do, look out for conversations like this:

One of your folks: "You have to invite my cousin [insert name]."

You: "But we haven't seen her in fifteen years."

One of your folks: "I know, but she was at your tenth birthday party. So she'll want to be at your wedding!"

You: "... uh..."

As a rule, when it comes to anything related to the wedding, pick your battles. Because there will be a lot.

Have the parents gotten involved yet? When and if they do, look out for conversations like this:

One of your folks: "You have to invite my cousin [insert name]."

You: "But we haven't seen her in fifteen years."

One of your folks: "I know, but she was at your tenth birthday party. So she'll want to be at your wedding!"

You: "... uh..."

As a rule, when it comes to anything related to the wedding, pick your battles. Because there will be a lot.

Actually, my parents have been incredibly easy going. I invited some close family, a couple sets of family friends and they're totally sated. Everything else has been a headache, though.

As expensive as trains are, and as tiring as driving is, I'm not impressed with my forray into coach travel. Nothing should take 4 hours in getting from Newcastle to Leeds - we didn't even hit any festival traffic! At this rate, I will be actively surprised if I reach Manchester by 7pm.

The last week has been incredibly taxing on me and there is no relief in sight for a few more days. Have been moving stuff from my current place to the new place every night since Monday. Need to move out the rest of my stuff tonight (and that'll take a couple hours) then I need to go to the lake, then to Stonewall for my cousins wedding, then I drive the drunks back home. Sunday it's back to Stonewall for a family only post-wedding lunch, then I officially move in to a place that will be a mess. I work Mon-Wed so I wont be able to have any solid time to put it all together. Ugh.

The last week has been incredibly taxing on me and there is no relief in sight for a few more days. Have been moving stuff from my current place to the new place every night since Monday. Need to move out the rest of my stuff tonight (and that'll take a couple hours) then I need to go to the lake, then to Stonewall for my cousins wedding, then I drive the drunks back home. Sunday it's back to Stonewall for a family only post-wedding lunch, then I officially move in to a place that will be a mess. I work Mon-Wed so I wont be able to have any solid time to put it all together. Ugh.

Sorry to hear, man. It's never good when the pressure never seems to let up. There's not really anything I can say that will make things better. All I can tell you is that you're not the only one dealing with a mess.

So yeah, being unemployed for 4 months and then starting a 50 hour a week job isn't the easiest transition to make.

I'm already leaving quite the impression on people by blanking on the simplest things. Doesn't help that the guy that I'm replacing was EXTREMELY popular with the staff. Feels like my nametag should read "that new asshole that doesn't know anything".

I know this will get easier but I would kill to just skip the next few months.

Dubs, you're still like, a week new. I think they'll be a bit more forgiving. :P

Meanwhile, if you've been here longer than the temps but the temps are having to clean up your messes when they're already overworked due to the huge project that they're processing, maybe you should get your crap together. Especially when you took six days to respond to something that needed to be taken care of w/in 24 hours. And when you misclassify things that need to be sent out in 24 hours and make us look bad.

Two weeks, and they expected me to be ready at the end of last week. I actually got shit for it today, and a lot of my questions are being met with eye-rolling and annoyance.

I'm quickly learning that the expectations these people have is insane.