The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, for the past week and a half I've found a way to deal with my insomnia issues. It's simple, but I was too lazy/stupid to actually do it. Going to sleep at a proper time, and having a set waking up, and sleeping pattern everyday. It sort of made things better, and because slowly, I seemed to have been sleeping better, I'm starting to just want to eat more varied foods, more fruit, and not my usual stuff that I eat.

Then the last two nights I've been unable to get to sleep till about 3AM. So, that's nice. I'm going to blame that on my body trying to get used to the new pattern, and some stuff I have to deal with in the next 2-3 weeks as the cause of this, cause these things I have to do in the next two weeks, are going to stress the living hell out of me. But when they are done, maybe I can get back to a normal sleeping pattern, eat some good food for once, and try and lose some of my excess weight, which is what I want, so's I'm not so tired/miserable all the time.

But I guess these sleepless nights and forcing myself to have a little less sleep will help my body in the long run, as I feel like if I can't sleep till 3AM one night, and force myself to be up 5 hours later, then I should in theory be more tired the next night, and it'll help fix the pattern. I just wish it wasn't such a fucking nightmare to do. But, it'll be worth it in the long run.

Fuck insomnia.

Dear Coworkers:

See these loan checks? They are worth several thousand dollars, hundreds of thousands, even. Now, when you put this loan coupon booklet in the front in these big envelopes, they slip, and completely obscure the address in the little window, thus causing these checks to come back to us, and making clients very very angry because they need their money. So, STOP DOING THAT. This is the fifth envelope in two days that I've gotten back because of you fucking this up. One of those checks was for several hundered thousand dollars. This is a Not Good Thing .

I'm sick of being tossed aside by those who claim to love me and then throw me aside as soon as something better comes along. I hate that I'm about to be unemployed for a month because I only got two days notice that my job was ending and the soonest they can start me is after getting back from NYC. I hate having to rely on my parents for groceries and the cell bill. I'm sick of feeling not good enough. I hate that all of my old trust issues have been opened even rawer now. I hate not knowing if my unemployment will go on technicalities and investigations. I'm sick of the world dumping on me. Seriously. Enough.

I spent yesterday with my friend in the hospital; she was having some minor surgery. She was told the procedure would take 45 minutes. I was there for moral support and ride home. No problem.

Once they wheeled her away I went to the waiting room. Imagine what's going through my mind when nearly five hours later I have still not been given any information about what the fuck is going on. Not in a "Hey, I've been waiting" sense, but a "holy shit, my friend went in for a 45 minute procedure and it's been five hours and no one will fucking tell me anything because I'm not family and is something wrong?" sense. Not good for the nerves. Thankfully she's absolutely fine, the surgeon was just a fucktard.

Huzzah for basically pleasant nights out that devolve into one of my best friends and her boyfriend's relationship imploding. I'm informally known as No Drama to my friends because I often remark at how little I care for this sort of stuff and don't like to talk about it, but really it's because I'm the absolute fucking best as saying or doing the wrong thing at the wrong time. I hate the responsibility because I'm basically inept at it. So the hour plus walk and drive to take her home afterwards we mostly her rightly blowing off a lot of steam and me trying to be supportive, which I suck at. Yey! Not her fault, mine.

Also I now feel sick thanks to a late night cheeseburger of extremely dubious quality. I either need sleep or a whole lot of UFC to turn my mood around.

Everyone, do not buy today's TeeFury offering. The artist blatantly ripped off Francesco Francavilla, and, as of right now, TeeFury hasn't responded.

EDIT: Granted, Francavilla's piece is based on a famous picture of Lovecraft, but the tentacle work and the eye make it a clear ripoff.

Edited by The Master

So, I have a specific agent's home address on file. Would it be vilating any privacy guidelines to mail the jackoff a box of angry scorpions to his house? Or shuold I just mail it to his office and hope his secretary doesn't open his mail for him? I would really like to see this guy running around frantically, covered in scorpions.